1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is missing from the MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dithermaster, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Dithermaster

Dithermaster New Member

We've had our Prius for two weeks now and we're loving it. For the time being, my wife is the primary driver, but I get to drive it from time to time, and I'm enjoying (safely) practicing techniques for maxing out the mileage. The MFD Energy screen help show you what you need, but some things are missing.

Here's what I think it missing from the MFD "Energy" screen display:

- ICE: running or not? Up to temp? Just by changing the graphic between a few different states or colors they could show this information.

- Mileage: Average for this trip so far (if you'e going to drive it like a video game, you need a score).

- Braking: Bar graph showing how far into regen-only braking you are. At 100% it hits mechanical brakes. This would be a way to learn the best braking distance for optimal regen braking, and also teach you how to brake smoothly and consistenly. This could be a small bar graph or gauge around the elec. motor during braking, or something subtle like that.

They could incorporate these into the MFD without making it even more distracting, if they were careful with their design.

Did I miss anything?

///d@

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member