1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is "molded dash applique"?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BoosPrius, May 18, 2006.

1. BoosPrius

BoosPrius New Member

I'm helping a friend find a Prius, and the applique is one of the options on a Prius in stock at a nearby dealer. Thanx.

Gary

2. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BayouBulldog @ May 18 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]257837[/snapback]</div>

Be aware that Southeastern and Gulf States regions do all kinds of little things to raise the price of their cars. :ph34r: The "applique" you are talking about, as far as I know, is NOT a factory option but is most likely something the dealer installs at an outragious price. I have seen wood appliques available on the Internet for the Prius if that is his taste.

Also, watch out for the "special paint protection" and "fabric protectorant". The fabric is a microfiber and is pretty much carefree with only a small amount of attention.

BTW, they will likely twist your arm to commit to an Extended Warranty at the time of sale. SE & GS regions push their own Extended Warranty package from a 3rd party. It is not the Toyota EW which you can buy any time before you hit 3yr/36,000mi.