1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is that websight that starts with Z for home values and such.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by NoMoShocks, Jun 5, 2007.

1. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have heard about a websight where you can look up property values and other information that is supposed to be better than all the ones that just want your contact information. All I can remember is it starts with Z.

2. saechaka

saechaka Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jun 5 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]456244[/snapback]</div>
    zillow

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saechaka @ Jun 5 2007, 07:51 PM) [snapback]456249[/snapback]</div>
    Thank You Very Much. Now I remember my memory tag was going to be GodZilla, Sounds like Zillow, sort of. But then I forgot my Memory Tag.

4. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There was recently an article in my local paper that reiterated what I stated about zillow.com on another thread. The "zestimates" can be up to 75% off. The prices they have for the sold houses are accurate as they have been derived from local tax records; however, they use those prices to estimate for the rest of the neighborhood. One has to wonder how the sold price of a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath colonial with a gourmet kitchen can be used to approximate the value of the 2 bedroom 1 bath ranch down the street...you see, they don't know what the surrounding house types are or any of the amenities. If they even have anything for your area (many areas are not supported).

Call any bank, realtor, mortgage company, appraiser, etc., and see if they use zillow to assess property values. I only use the site once in a while for fun to see how far off they are when a property sells.