1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is the 2006-7 lockpick actually doing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jmann, Jan 28, 2007.

1. jmann

jmann Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone know what the 2006-7 lockpick is actually doing? If there is not a software override, what does it actually do to produce the desired effect?

2. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My guesses:

For the "I Agree" button: I'm guessing he (Coastal) can detect the initial "mode" that the Nav enters while waiting for you to press "I Agree." He then can simulate a finger press in the lower right corner.

For the in-motion unlock of Destination entry: He can detect your finger press in the top-left corner and interrupt the speed signal to cause the Nav to unlock. This is why you're advised not to make turning maneuvers during the override period: the Nav loses wheel motion and has to "catch up" when you're finished with the destination entry.

Guesses, of course.

3. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Jan 28 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]382159[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with Rick.

BTW, with mine (full version on an '06), if you leave the "I agree" screen before it pushes the button, it doesn't work when you go back to NAV. I found this out by putting the car into reverse just as the NAV screen first appeared. Apparently, it tries once and never again until the car is turned off and back on. The basic Lockpick works with just the unit that plugs into the NAV box, so it might be different (the full version needs the MFD part plugged in to work for "I agree").

- Tom

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I also have a feeling that the override "toggles" periodically. While moving around the Destination screen, I noticed that the Nav would occasionally disable and then re-enable all the icons.

Maybe the lockpick does this to prevent the Nav from losing too much from the wheels.