1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is the best charge station locator app to use?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by pluginpriusowner2012, Sep 10, 2012.

1. pluginpriusowner2012

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks for the recommendations in advance.

Cheers, Newbie Owner

2. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've got 4 on my phone, ChargePoint, Recargo, CarStations, and last but not least, PlugShare

3. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    For finding stations, PlugShare since it pulls stations from ChargePoint, Blink, and SemaConnect databases. I got tired of checking multiple apps for stations. It's still useful to keep ChargePoint and Blink apps for account info, tho'.

Will Stewart likes this.
  4. janie

janie 2016 Prius 3 Touring

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    PlugShare has been the best overall app for finding stations. Recently they updated the app so that it tells you whether or not the charger is free or has a fee. But you have to be careful, because sometimes the information may not be accurate. For instance yesterday I tried to find a station that was on the app, but it was not to be found. I tend to go to the stations where other users have posted positive reviews about the stations.

Also, I try to post a review and take a photo when I use a charging station, to let others know that the station really exists. And I post if there is a problem with the station, or if it does not exist.

I also like the ChargePoint app, because I can get a general idea of how much more time involved in charging up the vehicle is left, as you can check on the progress. This would only be for the ChargePoint charging stations.

Sometimes I also refer to Recargo, because it has a list of the charging stations nearest to your current location, and also lists some further away, rather than having to refer only to a map. This one also might have some stations listed that are not really existent.

Hope that helps :)

Will Stewart likes this.
  5. Greenwave

Greenwave New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have those apps too and they are good I just want to get my charge locator in the car to search my city and not the previous owners city and state . I changed location to columbus ohio but it is still searching virginia were the previous owner had it and doesn't change for me. Has anyone had this problem? My local toyota dealers don't have prius plugins so they can't help me. Calling toyota customer service doesn't help they don't understand what I am talking about.