1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is the best radio option? PC

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by dolfanpete, Sep 10, 2012.

1. dolfanpete

dolfanpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I bought my prius c 1 a few days ago. I love the radio (not the navigation radio in the c2's 3's and 4's) because i love the fact that i can BT my phones sirius radio, pandora, phone my music library and even nfl mobile lol. with that being said i am bummed that i didnt opt for the prius 3 or 4 with those options but i wanted to save thinking i can upgrade on my own little by little to get the things i'd want. like a navigation type radio , different speakers etc. What kind of options do i have where i can find a nav type screen radio that still allows me to BT my phone, Pandora and all those things that my radio does now, plus does the navigation? is there even a radio that will do that and still be controlled from the steering wheel? sorry this is so long winded lol.

2. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Seriously just go take a look at some of the options for aftermarket radios, there are tons of them out there and these features are pretty much standard across the board on most nav equipped units these days. You need a double din radio, and if one exists without BT i would be surprised. That being said many of the newer double din radios come with Pandora or other apps built right into the radio. On ebay i searched "Double Din Pandora" and here were the top 3 relevant results all decent head units.

Sony XAV-64BT 6.1” Double Din In-Dash DVD Receiver w/ USB/Pandora + Bluetooth | eBay

Kenwood DDX719 Double DIN 6.95" WVGA Screen DVD Built-In Bluetooth USB PANDORA 019048197191 | eBay

Clarion NX602 6.2" Double-Din Navigation w\ DVD, Bluetooth, Ipod & Pandora ~2012 729218019801 | eBay

There is an adapter that will allow most radios to be controlled by the steering controls - a search on PriusChat will find you several threads about steering wheel controls. I think the unit you need is called pac-swi or something like that - be sure to look at the head units to verify they support steering wheel controls - many of them do.

Do a little research and find out what units you are interested in (we can not tell you what head unit is best for your needs - features, budget, etc. ) and ask us questions - we have answers! Also I see you just joined the forum on Friday - Welcome!