1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is the Newest Navigation DVD?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jrod81, Jun 13, 2009.

1. jrod81

jrod81 Member

Hey guys,
    Looks like I will be buying an 06 Prius on Monday with navigation on it. Just curious how far behind the car is on updates? So two questions, first of all, what is the most up to date disc? Secondly, is there a way I can check what version the car has now to see if it needs an update? The guy I am buying it from bought it at a lease turn in auction and does not have a clue what version it is...
    Also, do the navigation DVDs come out once a year? How much are they each year? Can they only be used in one car or is it something I can buy on ebay from someone?
    sorry for all the questions but I appreciate the help
    jared

2. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Jared,

I believe it is currently 8.1 but hopefully Metro or someone with direct knowledge will see this post and confirm.

I don't think new versions are released until the Fall (October - December) each year but again hopefully someone with direct knowledge will post the info for you.

Happy driving,
    Chris