1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is the windshield washer tank capacity?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by alimoeeny, Apr 19, 2012.

1. alimoeeny

alimoeeny Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 3 weeks old PriusC! I can't tell how much fluid left in the windshield water tank just by looking, it seems to me that there is an extension to the tank like a column just to make the level of the fluid clear but still I need to know how much fluid I need to put in so that I can mix water and the %100 washer fluid!
    Anybody have read the owners manual?! I skimmed it but couldn't find this.
    And by the way do you guys have any recommendations for what to put in the washer tank? I've got ethylene glycol based antifreeze

2. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Standard fill for windshield washer tanks is windshield washer fluid. Most is blue. Some is more expensive. Look for "windshield washer fluid." Do not use anti-freeze.

Standard procedure for filling washer fluid tanks is to buy one or more gallons of the blue juice, fill the tank, repeat as required. When you run out, buy more. Repeat as required.

The tank is most likely about 3/4 to one gallon. Run it dry, put in concentrate for that amount and measure the fill to the top.

Happy motoring.

3. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I fully agree.

4. alimoeeny

alimoeeny Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry for miscommunication, I didn't mean the type of antifreeze you may put in the coolant system.
    I bought this windshield wiper fluid from Amazon ( amazon.com/Cyclo-C-207-Windshield-Washer-Pack/dp/B000KE6JLK ) which says it is concentrated and needs dilution, and it has antifreeze properties.

5. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Mix some up in clean, gallon plastic jug (use distilled water to mix), then add the mixed solution to the washer tank. Much easier than what you're trying to do and you'll always have some on the shelf when you need it.

1 person likes this.