1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is this car?....

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by bshef, Mar 10, 2007.

1. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    is this a modified Civic?
    Almost looks like an Insight with the fender skirts....but the BIG ROUND GAS DOOR don't make sense!..lol

Very kewl!..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    WOW thats HOT! Both car and driver! :D

That would be an Insight!

I like it except for the wheels. Actually I should say rims. They look like spare tire rims. UGLY. The white wall are a nice touch.

3. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Definitely customized - they did not offer black in the US and the wheels are unpainted silver.

4. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's like old school meets new school!

5. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mini-me is to Dr. Evil as this thing is to the (original) Bat Mobile. The wheels are bloody awful. It needs some fins.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's an Insight. I'm curious to know why you'd run steel wheels which are heavier than the stock alloys.

7. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Mar 11 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]403859[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I recognized it right away as an Insight. When did they first come out? Was it Honda's attempt to make something comperable to the first Prius back in 1997? As for the rims, they look tiks steel, but how would we know they are not lightweight composit carbon fiber?

Do you think those skirts over the rear wheel wells add more to the aerodynamic than racing hubcaps?

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    (looking at pic's / shaking head) That's one hideously modified insight. I think we ought to have the penal code amended to prevent such crimes. All one needs now, to complete that hideous picture is to have custom molded fiberglass fenders in the back ... sport'n massive low profile slicks :lol:

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Mar 11 2007, 02:46 PM) [snapback]403873[/snapback]</div>
    The Insight came out in 1999 in the US after being showcased at the 1998 Tokyo Motor Show as the VV concept. (or sth like that, can't remember the name).

The cover over the rear wheel is standard from the factory. Stock rims are lightweight alloys on skinny LRR tyres. It has a 1.0 litre, 3 cylinder VTEC lean-burn engine mated to a tiny (10hp?) electric motor and battery. The battery takes up quite a bit of space in the rear hatch so you have about shoulder height (if you're sitting in the front seats) to the roof worth of cargo space. There is a cargo net so that things won't hit you in the head when you brake.

It's a 2 seater only and comes with a manual (CVT offered later in its life) and gets 60-70mpg (can easily break 90mpg if done correctly). Does not come with cruise control but it is equipped with auto A/C, power windows/locks/mirrors, CD player and radio.