1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is up with all of the Prius Hate ???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by LARRYG36, Mar 15, 2012.

1. LARRYG36

LARRYG36 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What is up with all of the Prius Hate ??? Did a search on Face book to find some Prius clubs near by to join But, some really Hateful Prius sites.:eek: popped up. Some were funny in a way, But most were sick.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: What is up with all or the Prius Hate ???

I found those too just after getting the Prius. Made me feel paranoid at first but people hate all kinds of things they just don't comprehend.

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Misdirected anger towards $5 a gal SUV fill ups!

4. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

prius hate happens when a non prius owner can't admit they made the wrong choice in buying a vehicle during high gas prices.

and

picking on others helps to solidify your standing in a group you want to identify with

and

they're just assholes

6 people like this.
  5. jbrad4

jbrad4 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

Those are the people on the "Dark Side" that drive SUV's and pickups with over-sized wheels and tires that pay over $100 to fill up their gas-guzzlers every few days. I can ignore them. I'll be happy and content when my Plug-In arrives in a couple of weeks.

6. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

we can't wait for the "whats all this plug-in prius hate from prius owners" thread

:p

3 people like this.
  7. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I think it is folks that never even looked at the Prii as a possible car choice. I was never a hater; but never understood the $24K MSRP for a Prius II when there were other cars out there that could be had with more style and features at under $20K. That is until I took a look at one and test drove one.

I fell for the space inside for passengers and the trunk space. Add the reliability of the Prii, and it was a no-brainer for me.

Also the haters are out there because some of us Prii drivers have learned that there is no reason to race light to light and see our mpgs drop by 10 to 20mpgs. I find myself much more relaxed now.

8. REDWIND88

REDWIND88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I have to admit that I put my foot to the floor going up long grades, passing many a cars, with the realization I might get a ticket-but I cannot help it!!

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

The Prius is an object that many people associate with environmentalism, hippies, big government, geeks etc.. It is a foci of hatred for the simple-minded or those who are so politically charged that they cannot see past their own misguided worldview or mental frame if you will.

Unfortunately they do not recognize the Prius offers many things for a variety of worldviews. You have stated you bought the car for economic reasons and NOT environmental ones. I bought the car for environmental reasons but more in how it reduces the negative impact to human health. The more I learned I came to realize i am also reducing our national oil consumption. Reduced dependence on foreign oil allows for a more flexible foreign policy, increased national security, and less American troops sent off to die for natural resource attainment and stabilization/global positioning.

Here's a fun article that messes with the minds of the haters. :)

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-h...ars-patriotic-vice-admiral-dennis-mcginn.html

The Prius is many things to many people. We have a lot of stereotypical hybrid owners here but we also have a lot who do not fit that stereotype and they are are brothers too. :)

2 people like this.
  10. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

I got kind of freaked out after looking through some of the sites. I certainly hope I never run into a real hater because some of them appear pretty extreme.:eek:

I try not to agitate the uninformed, either by the way I drive (i.e., hyper miling without being obstructive/obnoxious) or being too preachy. The video of this ding dong certainly doesn't portray more mainstream Prius owners in a positive light.

http://youtu.be/CVdMySWfAIQ

1 person likes this.
  11. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I enjoy our Prii so much, I just haven't noticed the haters.

12. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I drive a Prius but.....hypermiling with a line of cars behind you is a no no, so is failing to keep up with the flow of traffic to save 2 mpg. So, we bring some of that hate upon ourselves.
    In a separate category are the political haters, those folks who are ignorant and proud of it. I admit, I don't get it, but they sure don't either.:confused:

13. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

The Prius lady only needed to move her car and be done with it. The diesel drivers actually have a right to sit and idle if they wish.

The path of least resistance is for the 'smoked out' lady to move. Little hassle, but lot easier than hassling and getting posted on youtube for all the world to see. Another ding on the Prius actually.

14. oldasdust

oldasdust Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I agree as gas prices go up the hate rises. $ 4.30 is cheap stuff here now and wait till Memorial day weekend.

15. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw and posted on the 'i hate prius' page on facebook ..

I like to say something like ... Prius has been berated for over 10 years, but fact is, it is about the #20 selling of all cars trucks and SUV in the US. Now there are 4 distinct models of Prius .... don't you (haters) think it would be better to spend your time writing to Ford and GM, telling them, toyota has a sales hit on their hands, when are you really going to compete with that Prius car?

Gives them something to think about. Betchya a quarter ... if Ford or GM made the 'Prius' instead of Toyota and it sold like the Prius, many of the haters would change their tone. I think there's a lot of hatred towards Prius because it's made in Japan and we (in US) have nothing that even remotely competes with it in the arena of advanced tech (hybrid, plug-in, etc) cars.

16. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe not. Dude on TV stated wholesale prices of gas (oil?) have gone down and prices may follow. Not to get political, but the statement of Gingrich to promise $2.50 gas and US has been producing the most gas it has in 8 years is fairly lame.

17. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    As prices of fuel go up, it will be the bigger vehicles that force the conga lines behind them as they try to conserve fuel. I wouldn't want to be in the position of having to buy fuel for a vehicle that gets horribly low MPGs. It can't be good for finances or mood, when you have to plunk down $100 for each fill up every 250 to 300 miles.

Some people need to drive a truck for work purposes, and others for the cowboy status it manifests. I've never liked spending hard earned money on fuel, so I've always tried to own a car that achieved good fuel mileage figures and all have been 4 cylinder manuals. I own a '98 Frontier that only gets 28-29 MPG, and I only use it when I absolutely need to. I live out in the Maine woods so I have to go in for supplies once in a while! It's 14 years old, with only 68,000 miles on the odo.

Drive gently and definitely don't brag about the fact you are saving some serious dollars each time you fill up your car at any price that's set on the pumps. Hopefully we will all conserve even more and cause a good fuel price crash soon, just like the last time we headed up to the 4 dollar a gallon neighborhood. Remember the Summer of 2008? By the first week of 2009, the price of gasoline fell to $1.61.

Oil companies play the supply side pretty closely now(their profits are incredible at these price levels), but I hope that prices will eventually dive again if we all try to use a little less fuel.

18. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  19. Prius M.D.

Prius M.D. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    N/A
    Let them waste their gas and $$$ lol...

I was on the highway this morning and this SUV zoomed past me and subsequently got pulled over by a cop :rockon:

20. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Actually I picked up on some intense Volt hate on this site. Hoard thinking.

1 person likes this.