1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is your favorite driving music?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by GasGuzzler87, Jun 19, 2006.

1. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

Some music is better in a car than anywhere esle, some music is better out of a car. I know it depends on traffic and whatnot (you wouldn't want crazy superfast techno when you're not moving on a highway) Let's assume it's an average day for you though, maybe around 5 on a sunday with cool temperatures and windows down. What would you most like to listen to?

I prefer techno music for driving. I hate it anywhere else other than in my car but gliding across the road on a nice day with a little bit of speed and windows down with sunroof open it just seems to fit. Other times I like classic rock like Lynard Skynard, Led Zeppelin, Metallica etc.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I listen to movie soundtracks in the AM and old radio shows in the PM. Sometimes I have New Wave or Jazz.

3. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

wow Jazz, quite sophisitcated. I'm only 16 so you'd ecpect my kind of response.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm 52. :)

I have XM radio so I may listen to 60s rock. It depends on my mood or even who the passenger is.

5. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 19 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]273624[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, nice having XM. My friend with a 2007 Saturn Sky has XM. It is very useful. I link my Mp3 player into my car directly and that works. 1400 songs to chose from at will.

6. DaveOrgans

DaveOrgans New Member

Classical and theatre music. Opera and Pipe organ near the top of the list. Also for longer drives, audio books from audible.com and british radio comedies (Goon Shows, Round the Horne, I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. The latter is hard to get here in the states.

7. Hi-Bred

Hi-Bred New Member

I don't have a particular preference for music while driving, except for always having it on! 90% of the music I play in the car is through my iPod, in shuffle mode. That way I might get the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tony Bennet, Propellerhead, Michael Jackson and Ella Fitzgerald all on my way to work. Lately I've also been listening to podcasts in the car. One of my favorites is "Quirks and Quarks", a Canadian science radio program.

8. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hi-Bred @ Jun 19 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]273631[/snapback]</div>
    amen to that, well having it on all the time. The only time I don't need music is days with the window down and I'm in traffic. Then I listen ot my car idle and the exhaust go through the various RPM range from idle till gear shifts, you just don't get going at a constant speed. I guess that wouldn't apply to you guys, but my exhaust is a dual setup with rusted through mufflers(cats work thuogh) and a rotary engine so it sounds pretty sweet. Moving I like music though.

9. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GasGuzzler87 @ Jun 19 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]273639[/snapback]</div>
    An RX-6 or RX-7 with dual rusted-out mufflers? Can't say as I've ever heard that combo. Don't stick your head out too far to listen; it'd be just your luck to get sideswiped then.

Open road music (e.g., I-70 across Kansas): 1812 Overture or other Tchaikovsky (also good for go-and-gridlock if you can time the movements right); or Bolero (actually better back-seat music). But if the latter, then you have to stop and have a cigarette when it's done. :p

10. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Jun 19 2006, 07:46 PM) [snapback]273733[/snapback]</div>
    no such thing as an Rx-6 and i can hear this beast at 2000 RPM with the windows up and the sunroof closed. I need not stick my head out the window. Id no't have a backseat, that's why folding the seats forward and using the hatch is for :D

11. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 19 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]273602[/snapback]</div>
    DITTO !!!

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    geez i'm gonna sound like the outcast...

my cd changer currently contains: disturbed, korn, a mix of hard rock, godsmack, NIN, alkaline trio (punk) and i can't remember the other one.

[edit: oh, heh, there is no other one because it only holds 6... :mellow:]

13. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jun 19 2006, 08:21 PM) [snapback]273776[/snapback]</div>
    not quite as much hardrock but to make you feel bette rI also like System Of A Down.

14. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    As strange as it might sound, I like to listen to either ESPN Sports Radio or religious programming (shows like Focus on the Family, Parent Talk On Call, or actual sermons).

I usually check out both to see which station has an actual program on (rather than some game, music, or infomercials).

15. prez1

prez1 New Member

16. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    KT Tunstall.

17. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just burn cd's that reflect the type of mood I want to listen to. Today I had a CD with Louis Armstrong singing Up a Lazy River, Paul Simon singing Surfer Girl from the Brian Wilson Tribute Special, Bob Seger, Willie Nelson, Taj Mahal, Carly Simon, and Don McLean amongst others...

18. palau

palau New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    my favorites at the moment are the soundtrack to 2046, and the sergio mendes tribute timeless.

and i just listened to a really funny book: the know it all, by aj jacobs. it's about a guy who attempts to become the smartest man in the world by reading the encyclopedia britannica from a-z. it's really charming and has a woody allen feel to it. between the glee from driving a prius and laughing at jacobs' anecdotes, i was smiling ear to ear during my commute for a week.

19. toyotablackbox

toyotablackbox New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GasGuzzler87 @ Jun 19 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]273598[/snapback]</div>
    I like techno too. I work at Abercrombie and Fitch and I've downloaded the store's dance/trance monthly 4 hour mixed playlist to CDs that I play in my Prius "Ellie" when she doesn't feel like cruising in silent "Lexus" mode.

20. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Notice my plate!
    Jazz is a big umbrella and includes many different styles!