1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is your solution to Terrorism?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Aug 30, 2006.

?
  1. Fight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fight somemore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Whew! After typing that poll I have few words left! Soooo. . . do the patriotic thing and vote! If you do you can hang this gif on your sig.

[attachmentid=4694]

If you do vote you'll feel like this . . . [attachmentid=4692]

[attachmentid=4693]

Attached Files:

2. miwaku

miwaku New Member

Where do non-partisans vote?

Send in our Israeli allies to remove the problem. Remember Munich?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This ascinine question will be watched closely and closed/deleted if it starts getting nasty. Just be warned....smarter to ignore him than let him egg you on.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  5. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

7. glenhead

glenhead New Member

The only "solution to terrorism" is to completely change human nature. Without a massive shift in basic human thought and behavior, there is no "solution". Ergo, we have four choices:
    1. Give in to them
    2. Accept it when they do bad things to us and our friends, and pray/hope it never effects us personally
    3. Make the backlash so painful for the terrorists that they quit trying
    4. Wipe them out
    There are gradations between the four. Any negotiation gets placed somewhere between 1 and 3. Military response falls between 2 and 4.

As long as there are philosophical differences between groups (be they religious or whatever), there are going to be humans who do bad things to other humans in an attempt to make a point or force the other humans to believe the same way.

8. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "If your a Republican vote here.
    Fight
    Fight somemore"

(The typos are so fitting... Anyway.) What a great idea! You start: go kick Limbaugh's fat nice person, then let him kick yours.

9. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glenhead @ Aug 30 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]311563[/snapback]</div>
    There is also improving education and promoting secularism and universalism. These would be so long term that it would escape most politicians.

10. glenhead

glenhead New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Aug 30 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]311575[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed, for the most part. My only slight disagreement is that it's not just politicians that it escapes, it's human beings as a whole. All this stuff would require a massive change in human nature as it exists today. We would have to see a complete turnover of the basic tenets of most of the world's religions, not to mention those of the governments in control of a huge portion of the world's population. It would also require a relinquishing of the power held by the leaders of those religions and governments - can you see that happening?

Education only happens when it is allowed to. Education that opposes the tenets of the "in charge" governments and religions ain't gonna happen without big change.

Secularism and universalism are 180 degrees out of phase with the vast majority of religions. Religions exist because they provide a haven of belief and security for their followers - explanations of where the individual fits in the overall scheme of things. These explanations involve concepts way too abstruse for most people to develop their own beliefs - it's easier, and far more comforting, to hear someone else explain things to you. People aren't going to give that up. The fact that most people are exposed from birth to a religion (or political structure that prevents it) means that it's deeply ingrained in their basic mental structure, and changing that structure from outside is nearly impossible. Human nature being what it is, when you get two people from two belief structures together, there's a good chance you'll end up with "I'm right, you're wrong" at some point, and then things go rapidly downhill.

Until there is no longer an "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude left in the world, terrorism is going to exist. Even things as relatively "simple" as reproduction, treatment of animals, and the ecology can lead people to terrorism. There will always be people who believe so strongly in something that they will resort to violence to get their point across; unless, once again, there is some sort of radical shift in human nature.

Whoa, bloviation mode off. Sorry.

11. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The symptoms of Mad Cow disease include dementia and psychotic behaviour. Just so you know. :)

12. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There's also reducing globalism, and maybe reducing the value of such commodities as oil by reducing international deman for such. There will always be something to fight over though, and always someone to fear or hate.

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "OTHER" due to limited range of choices.

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well put topic, must have hit close to home as they are side stepping the issue and attacking the spelling issue :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one Wildkow..! [attachmentid=4709]

15. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Terrorism is directly linked to poverty. The current terrorists operate on simplistic impulses by perverting religious dogma.

1. Eliminate globalism

2. Absolutely minimize the use of fossil fuels and make a focused switch to renewable, sustainable energy sources (conservation, wind, hydroelectric, solar, fusion).

3. Invest in community-based transportation (both long- and short-range) with a human focus.

4. Acknowledge the complete energy costs of every thing we do (vs. subsidies for waste).

In effect, eliminate any economic excuse for terrorism while investing in a robust, sustainable society (food, housing, business, transportation, education) that is human-centered. Model what we supposedly teach.

16. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 30 2006, 06:10 AM) [snapback]311533[/snapback]</div>
    Admin’s Tony and Efusco
    Your post is nothing short of an attempt to censor this subject; You don’t like that I have questioned the Left’s constant criticisms of this countries policies regarding the terror problem while never offering one solution or the method I used? Tough! Offer something but don’t try to quash/limit the point that is trying to be made. This topic is well within the guidelines of FHOP. Your actions are a common tactic used when someone disagrees with a point trying to be made. I don't think an Admin should use or attempt to use his/her weight as an Admin in order to quash a subject that they might find disagreeable with ones own beliefs and IMO is just plain wrong. I would hope you would reconsider these tactics and refrain from further use of them.

To anyone on this board that agrees with efusco and his post, [attachmentid=4699] IMO it is more asinine to limit/censor a discussion. It’s and honest question placed in a rather satirical way. It upsets you? Once again Tough! [attachmentid=4703] Don’t be a crybaby and don’t try to limit it. If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen. I have no idea and neither does anyone else as to the left's solution to terrorism because they have never articulated one, unless it is the same one that the present administration is following. If there was one, I would have listed it as a choice. Actually I believe that I did list several. It's just that the common sense of most of the Democrats/Lefties on this board tells them that it won't work.

Go ahead and keep an I eye on this topic, just don’t throw your weight around as an admin to censor/limit the point the post is trying to make. Please familiarize yourselves with the guidelines of FHOP and don’t bend them to suit your own tastes. If you consider yourself as fair, open minded men you will see that this is the correct course to take. Otherwise you might consider [attachmentid=4701] my big red [attachmentid=4701] or in the alternative how about [attachmentid=4701] [attachmentid=4699] [attachmentid=4701] [attachmentid=4701]? :blink: :p :rolleyes: :lol:

Sincerely, and in appreciation of the tough job you do. . .

[attachmentid=4702]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 30 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]311846[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! I have never met someone that has made me [attachmentid=4704] so hard or [attachmentid=4705] so much as you!

[attachmentid=4706]

p.s. BTW, in reference to a another topic. Who did Paul meet on the road to Damascus?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glenhead @ Aug 30 2006, 07:30 AM) [snapback]311563[/snapback]</div>
    I think #3 is it. But don't think that the present Administration is doing enough to fullfill this solution.

[attachmentid=4707]

Attached Files:

17. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Spew on, Wildkow, and completely ignore the input of everyone who's posted with an answer to your question that doesn't jive with your narrow view. It will only encourage more of us to ignore you, so you're effectively censoring yourself with that attitude.

I think the fact that there are a bunch of posts but only a couple votes so far shows that most of us think, even in the spirit of sattire, that you didn't present choices that would even be good fodder for conversation or fun.

You also broke your own rule with that diatribe.

18. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skruse @ Aug 30 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]311851[/snapback]</div>
    If we minimize the use of fossil fules won't this exacerbate the incidence of poverty over there ergo more terrorism? Besides I don't think it is directly linked but if they had some of what we have I don't think they would be too terribly eager to strap bombs onto themselves.

[attachmentid=4708]

Attached Files:

• cow.gif
      cow.gif
      File size:
      1.1 KB
      Views:
  19. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I wanted to vote "spelling lessons for Wildkow" but couldn't find the choice.

Hint: "some" and "more" are two individual words. This comes from a guy who can't spell his way out of a paper bag, so there you go.

20. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Aug 30 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]311858[/snapback]</div>
    Well Ichabod the Poll is actually satrical in nature and not a means to find out what you really think the solution was. It's my topic and i can bloviate as I wish. [attachmentid=4709]

[attachmentid=4711]

p.s. [attachmentid=4710]

Attached Files: