1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What I've added to my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by vinnysca, Sep 2, 2006.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Here are some pics of what I've added since I bought my Prius in August...

Tinted windows, body side moldings, mudflaps, sheepskin seat covers to protect leather seats.

I have yet to receive a sharkfin antenna in the mail.

I also just bought a VR3 wireless camera that I am planning to install to the front (to help aide in NOT hitting parking curbs) of the car. I am trying to figure out the best wiring plans for it.

Attached Files:

2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Very nice!! Please tell me where you got the grey sheepskin seat covers??? Is you car silver pine mica? If so, we have the same color scheme, but so far i've only added the mud flaps and all weather floor mats. Thanks in advance for any info you can give on the seat covers.... :D

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Gotta love the tinted windows :)

4. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    couldn't you just put sheepskin on cloth?

5. GreenSpeed

GreenSpeed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow nice car seat covers! Sighz, alas, here in California they don't allow such tint on the front windows :(

6. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Sep 2 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]313289[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. I have Silver Pine Mica! One of the BEST colors out there! :p

I bought my sheepskin cover from AUTOANYTHING.COM

Now, once there...look for sheepskin covers and there'll be a prompt where you will be asked to put in your car make, year, etc. After I did this, I DECIDED TO CALL THE 800 NUMBER because there are some things that you will be asked, such as if your seats have side airbags.

The price for the pair was about 400 bucks plus some change. It is not cheap, since it is the highest grade skin out there. I have the same quality skins in both my SL and Suburban and I've had them for over 5 years and they are STILL very well put together and plush.

When they came via UPS, they came with simple instructions. All you need to do is remove the head rests and the holes for the posts are already pre-cut. It's just a matter of securing on the hooks under the seats.

For those of you who have leather seats like I do, there is a pair of clips under the back seats that hold securely, a leather cover. You need to remove them to be able to expose the under skeleton of the seats. Very easy to do.

I love my seat covers! They are warm during cold climates (I was somewhat disappointed that the package 8 didn't come with heated seats) and cool during hot days. PLUS they will keep your leather seats brand looking new!

THE TINT laws here in Ohio are not strict like California. Although, before I moved here to Ohio and had my Suburban tinted, I had the entire back of the truck tinted with a LIMO tint. I never did tint the front driver and passenger windows though, and for the 5 years I was driving the 405 freeway, I never once got stopped by a cop for dark tints.

Here in Ohio, you can go as dark as you want on the back (they didn't have a LIMO tint at the shop I went to, but had the next darkest applied. And, I had a medium tint to the driver and passenger side. If I would have gone for the limo tint though, I think the electrochromic mirror would have become useless. As in the case of my Suburban. The tint was soooo dark, that the sensor could not pick up any glare. My Prius rearview mirror still works during the night time even with this dark tint.

Vince.