1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What kind of headlight comes in a 2009 non-nav Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Gorp852, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Gorp852

Gorp852 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The title is pretty self explanatory. I am looking to upgrade my headlights from the stock system, but am unsure if I have stock HID headlights, stock halogen headlights, or something completely different. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Gorp852

Gorp852 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That link helps alot! Thanks so much!

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a wealth of information on this site about upgrading your headlights. We have been posting a lot of new information as well so hopefully this will help you make the right choice for your needs.

My recommendation is to NOT put an HID into the stock non-HID housing. You will produce a have glare to oncoming drivers which is unsafe and the lighting overall is pretty poor. If you have HIDs and want to upgrade to something better then you have a few great options depending on how much work you want to do or how much you want to spend.

Tell us a little about what you want and I'm sure the lighting gurus on PC will help out. I've learned a lot from them and the guys at HIDPlanet.com.

5. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh and welcome to PriusChat. :welcome: