1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What kinds of parking assist?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Cinemator, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Cinemator

Cinemator New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

During my test drive in the Prius III I tried out the parallel parking assist. I also noticed that when backing up into a parking slot (is reverse parking the term?) the reverse camera shows you the same overlay lines to help you park. However I didn't check if parking assist works in this matter too, so taking over steering. Does it? Or only for parallel parking?

Best,
    Maarten

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes, but it seems to be much more difficult to get the car and system lined up well enough to make it work.

3. Cinemator

Cinemator New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Are you using the Prius V w/ ATP and mean Generation III Prius when you say Prius III?

5. Cinemator

Cinemator New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, 3rd generation.
    I'm in Europe so that models and packages are different. I have ordered a Prius 2010 "Dynamic" model which comes with HDD NAV and reverse cam.

6. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is a 3rd Generation Prius, but they do not have a Prius V with AT outside of the US. In other markets, they models are mixed up a bit.

Yes, it would be the same features that is found on the US version V with AT. (although it does not have all the US features, the parking assist is the same).

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe the lines are a European thing. I don't believe our reverse camera has the assist lines.

IPA uses a computer to determine how to reverse into a spot. The lines are there for the human to use if he/she wishes to park on their own.

8. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing, but part of the process involves manipulating some lines on the screen. However, it doesn't seem to be necessary if you put the car in the right spot to begin with.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not talking about the box that the IPA uses to tell us the final position of the Prius.

IPA models outside of NA also have "guidance" lines of red, yellow and green so you can judge how close an object is to the rear bumper as well as the projection of the car if you continue in that direction backwards. It's absent in NA models.