1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Maintenance can one perform on a 2004 Prius with 78K on the odometor by the owner vs. dealer?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by TaraGreenTheTalkingPrius, Mar 22, 2008.

1. TaraGreenTheTalkingPrius

TaraGreenTheTalkingPrius Terre Green as in Mother Earth

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hello All:
    This is my first newbie virgin post! :)

How much maintenance can be performed by the owner on my 2004 Prius non Touring edition with 78K on the odometer? I read it does not need to have the timing belt water pump switched as I do on my Honda's.

Are the brakes easy to switch the pads on the front and the shoes on the back? I have always been the guy who does most maintenance for breaks, tune ups etc. I would never try to work on the electrical or batteries but aside from this what is the line one never crosses on working on a Prius.

Signed a person who is very mechanical inclined who has just rebuilt a 1967 Mustang convertible from the ground up (welding panels, frame rails, engine rebuilds, Trans rebuilds etc.) and restored many other classics and maintains the maintenance on two Honda’s (timing belts, water pumps, breaks, tune ups etc. ) :D

Regards,