1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Options are you opting to add-on; why and @ what price?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by marcusa, May 31, 2009.

1. marcusa

marcusa New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What Options (port installed or otherwise) are you opting to PAY for (as opposed to obligatory port installed accessories) and WHY; and are you paying MSRP or below? If so, @ what price.

2. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Window tinting - aftermarket - $140 (Suntek), in order to cut down on glare and heat in these hot, bright Arizona summers as well as further protect interior from UV

3M invisible bra - about $350, in order to help protect front bumper, headlights, etc.

Fog lights (DRLs?) - Hopefully will add visibility for other drivers. Also, dislike the look of the blank plates.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Only option for me is carpeted mats--not really optional in my opinion--$200 for the 5.

4. PriusCrazy

PriusCrazy Blizzard Pearl for Me

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm definitely opting for (all MSRP):

1. 5-piece carpet mats $229 [easy to clean, adds a nice touch]
    2. Rear bumper protector (black) $99 [protects white rear bumper from in/out cargo scratches and bumps]
    3. Cargo Organizer Tray $49 [I'm an organizer freak]
    4. Sunshade for front windshield $30?
    ---------
    Thinking about these...

1. Mud flaps
    2. Prius side decal(s)
    3. Clear protector for lower part of front bumper. I don't want the full clear bra, just for the lower front bumper section.
    Possibly some other goodies as they become available on PC.

5. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some of my wish list are not available from dealers, so my estimates are rough!

For me: 1. Window tinting, est. $150
    2. Mud flaps (the '10 desperately needs something in the wheel well to finish off the look) est. $60.
    3. Sun-Shield windshield screen, est. $40
    4. Upgrade tweeters, maybe put component speakers in... I'll have to see what is in there first.
    5. LED lights on door panels that shine 5X brighter than stock
    6. LED on as many interior lights as possible.
    7. Drain Dino oil and replace with Mobil 1. $28.
    8. Engine Block heater. $60
    9. Whatever Danny comes up with....soon!

Lee:cool:

6. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Lee,

When you mention "Dino Oil", I am assuming that you mean Natural Oil? If so, haven't others here indicated that the 0W oil they put in the Prius a Sythetic Oil already?

And as for the mud flaps, does anyone know the effect on the Aero for this car with the mudflaps? Are the necessary for a Prius?

7. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    First and foremost will be tinting the windows ... all weather mats a ways down the road. Probably a basic LockPic to be able to enter addresses on the go (if the 2008 one doesn't work ... which I'm sure it won't). I'm sure I'll get the USB iPod integration when it comes available (supposedly Sept -- not holding my breath) as well.

If I were getting a dark colored Prius I would FOR SURE be getting the chrome accessory pieces from Japan ... SWEET!

8. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am buying a IV, most likely plain. If a sunroof or nav only model shows up in my colors, I will certainly have to consider it. Only option I want is all-season floor & cargo mats. I will wait a few months to see if I can buy below $1000 below MSRP, if that doesn't shape up, I guess I'll have to pay MSRP, but I am not losing anything by waiting (they are not going to go up in price in this market)...

9. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I asked for the following port accessories:

* Floor Mats w/ cargo mat (came std w/ Prius Priority) - the rear mat is improved as it's creased/formed at the fold points for the under floor storage, making it easier to use the compartments below. It's also notched where the cargo net loops are to avoid getting hung up on these as well. Nice touch Toyota.
    * Rear bumper applique - had it on my 2004 and saved a few scratches for sure. When I was rear ended in that car, I made sure it was replaced when they forgot to add it. Hard plastic may function better, but the applique looks much less utilitarian.
    * VIP Alarm - hoping for insurance discount, but at minimum, making more noise isn't a bad thing if something bad is going on.
    * Cargo net - keeps those little things from tossing around.

I will add later:
    * Window tint
    * LED Door sills (couldn't get pricing quick enough to make them PIO)
    * Possibly 3M clear bra
    * Sun shade (a must in AZ, even w/ solar roof the steering wheel gets hot)

In the future if time/money/feasibility:
    * Possible solar charging hack for 12V battery if one is discovered and it's usable
    * Possible steering swap for better steering ratio
    * Possible LED headlight swap (or at least SilverStars once the stock lights burn out)
    * Swap std interior and/or exterior bulbs for LED's where possible