1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What other Stock Wheels fit?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jrod81, Jun 13, 2009.

1. jrod81

jrod81 Member

Hey guys,
    Getting an 06 Prius on Monday and am already trying to make plans to get 16 or 17 inch wheels. I don't really want to go with the Touring wheels since it is just hubcaps (I am right on that aren't I?) and not too crazy about the Scion TC wheels that seem to be a popular choice. I would love to find a 5 star design.
    I used to buy and sell used rims and I really learned that quality is important. So, I am just curious if anyone has compiled a list of other wheels that will fit a Prius. I read some threads and it seems 5x100 is the bolt pattern and +45mm is the offset. Now, I am wondering what other Toyota rims would work (Matrix, Corolla, Camry, Venza, etc) but not just Toyota but any other companies make rims that would work (like VW, Mazda, etc)?
    Then last question- what about the tire pressure sensors... can those be thrown on any rim or is there something special in the Prius rims that allow these to work?
    thanks
    jared

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why are you limiting yourself to stock rims? Why not look to an aftermarket source? The fitment is so general nearly everyone should have a fitment for the Prius.

Even Centerline did.
    [​IMG]

3. jrod81

jrod81 Member

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So be it. Just keep in mind how heavy most stock wheels are and how much of a mileage hit you'll take. :)

5. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you're looking for aftermarket rims, I realized that rims from a Subaru WRX will fit the Prius (not all of them!). Someone else fit 17x7.5 Volk TE37s (which are awesome, and expand your range of tire choices).

6. jrod81

jrod81 Member

i think they will be too heavy and i am not even sure if they will look right but i really would like to do the VW LongBeach or VW Monte Carlo rims. I had a Golf a while back and we really liked the look of those wheels. They are 5x100 but I am not sure if the other specs will match up.