1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Price To Sell? Wrecked 2005 Prius Beige - Package 9 - Nav, etc.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ElvisThePelvis, Aug 3, 2006.

1. ElvisThePelvis

ElvisThePelvis New Member

So I have a 2005 Beige - Package 9 with Nav, Stereo 6CD changer, the works. It was purchased in October of 2005 and has 7500 miles on it. In February of 2006 a young woman ran a red light at an intersection and hit the front left bumper of the Prius at ~60MPH. The damage to the car cost over $10,000 to repair and I have a list of the repairs. The big concern for me was the replacement the front frame rails. According to Toyota, the rails are designed to be replaced. The car seems OK to drive at this point based on several city and highway trips. While fighting with the insurance companies to get this repaired and myself properly compensated I purchased a 2006 Prius. Now I have a spare 2005 Prius.

What is an acceptable price for the 2005 Prius considering its history? I would not try to hide the accident or the repairs from the purchaser, but I still want to realize a good value for the car.

I was looking at the values in the Kelly Blue Book and a 2005 in "poor" shape is worth $19,500. That seems like a good starting point. Is that too low?

Thanks!

2. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ElvisThePelvis @ Aug 2 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]296783[/snapback]</div>
    There is no such thing as a package 9 for 2005. Your insurance company isn't going to total it? I think some online sites help you price your car based on its condition.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you'd better start lower than $19k with that kind of damage. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd run away for anything more than ~$15k.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This car does NOT have a salvage title, correct?

Has the car been completely repaired with Toyota parts to Toyota specifications?

If so, it's not "poor".

Kelly Blue book describes each class. There is one for cars that had extensive damage but have been repaired. Use that. And be sure to be completely up front and honest with potential buyers. They'll eventually set the price by buying...or not. You adjust until it's sold.

Do you possibly have a 2005 package 6? It only went up to 6 in 2005. No leather unless it was after market.

5. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

someone might give you 8-9k for it , if they are going to part it out...but then again, you might find a sucker/consumer that will buy it for 16k... !