1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What product fits the tray under the arm rest?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by yamisoshi, Mar 23, 2010.

1. yamisoshi

yamisoshi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    After reading thread after thread about figuring out a place to put my mobile phone, MP3 player or a GPS unit ... I've decided on the ProClip mounts. However, when I had first purchased my Prius, I noticed that there was a tray underneath the armrest. So I put my iPhone in there and found that it wasn't very 'iPhone friendly'.

I have a Prius III base package, and without the USB connectivity, I have to resort to the auxiliary cable. However with the iPhone's audio port on the left (top) side of the phone, when I place phone on the tray, the cable interferes with the tray. In order for it to be placed on the tray "flushed" in, I have to place the iPhone faced down. Is this a design flaw or did Toyota designed this with another product in mind?

It's not that I place my phone on that tray anyhow, but just want to know what everyone's thoughts are and how it is being utilized.

Thanks in advanced. I'll try to post pictures soon to show what I mean if you don't know what I'm exactly talking about. :)

2. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    doesn't the based model audio have bluetooth capability?

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Currently I have my work safety glasses, pens and Kleenex in my tray. I use a pen as a stylus for the Nav touch screen.

4. Au-Toe

Au-Toe Matrixowner

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think kleenex box is the best thing that fits there.
    i think my wife tries to put her purse there

5. yamisoshi

yamisoshi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    A box of kleenex? A purse? ... I wasn't talking about under the shifter, but the little tray when you open up the armrest.

6. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    coins....glasses wipes....not too much really useful

7. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I think a peanut butter and jelly sandwich fits just fine, if it isn't on a roll. Every time I want to get something out of the console, though, I end up spilling the sandwich on the carpet. Not real useful, in my opinion.

8. Prius42

Prius42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I laughed! Thanks... I keep trying to use that little tray for something but I dump it over constantly every time I want to get something out of the larger (and more useful) space in the armrest. I finally took it out. I miss having some little cubby (not the drink holders) for coins...