1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What ramps or jacks are you using?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius2006GuitarGuy, Sep 27, 2024 at 4:42 AM.

Tags:
  1. Prius2006GuitarGuy

Prius2006GuitarGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Like the title says, what ramps or jacks are you using the lift your car off the ground so you can work on it at home?

I was looking at these:
    Amazon.se

but I'm curious to know if you are using just jack stands or something else?

Thanks!

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think you are going to have clearance issues driving up those ramps.

SM-G781V ?

BiomedO1 likes this.
  3. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    yep, angle too steep - air dam wont clear. I use the plastic rhino ramps. They're not tall but enough to do an oil change or you can get a jack all the way back to the proper jacking point.

hope this helps....

4. Prius2006GuitarGuy

Prius2006GuitarGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for replying guys!

I'm not sure about Rhino ramps, the branding might be different as I'm in Europe, but I'm guessing they are something like this?

Screenshot 2024-09-27 132304.png

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They can be used by placing a piece of 150 mm x 50 mm timber that is 400 mm long on the floor in front of the ramp.

xliderider likes this.
  6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Look to the Chinese sites you can get some pretty nice table lift looking things like they had at the old garage or dad went to You pull the car over the little hump on the concrete and this thing is laying on it looks like a table that's kind of flat with 35° angle ends on it. Then you get out and it's plugged into a 110 outlet and you move the little black knob and the table starts to raise under the rocker panels and it'll pick the car up he'd be surprised enough so you can roll the creeper under there with you almost sitting up and the new ones have the center of the table cut out so you can work on parts of the car that used to have a solid piece of metal there these used to be used for tire work but now the Chinese have them for you'd be shocked man I got to set one time for $180 brand new like the guy bought the jacks and the lips on hoovies garage if you watch that