1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What screens are you useing

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Gen 2 Tom, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Gen 2 Tom

Gen 2 Tom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just found the compass screen is more useful than a compass. It displays the name of the street your on. Handy as I'm on a lot of streets I never knew the name of. Also the speed limit is displayed all the time. If your over the limit, there is a red line a red line around the speed. This information may all be on the navigation screen, but the compass screen is fine when your not lost. I like the fact the speed limit is always there while monitoring me.

I leave the large screen displaying the music artist and song.

Heads up and spedo has engine bar graph.

Jacuna and Coast Cruiser like this.
  2. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, Tom. I didn't notice the red line around the speed limit sign. I'll have to look. I try not to become distracted by all the hybrid displays, graphs, etc. On the large "Darth Vader" black screen, I have the usual 3-screen setup: radio, weather, and Nav. (It's nice that you can just turn that screen off, if you want.)

3. thunderstruck

thunderstruck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have home configured for half with eco readout, half with Nav. One cool thing is if you press the half screen it goes full screen. Great for driving when I need a bigger map.

Coast Cruiser likes this.
  4. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    FWIW on our 2016 Prius v Three I use the Hybrid System display on the upper screen and a two panel split display on the main screen for weather and navigation. I sometimes switch to full navigation mode in a town I am not familiar with or on the open road while traveling on the interstate.

When I first got the car I used the Eco Score display to try and train myself on driving the car but that drove me nuts watching the score. I find it more useful keeping the car in Eco or Ev mode on the Hybrid System display as much a possible than watching some funky score that really has no meaning to me. I think that is paying off since the car Trip A computer (that I use to monitor MPG between fill us) is saying I am getting 50 MPG around town which I will check manually on the next fill up.

Attached Files:

#4 Sooner Al, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  5. thunderstruck

thunderstruck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Eco score is about as useless as they come. I had one time where I had got an outrageous amount, like 85 MPG and it gave me an insultingly low score of 75 or something ridiculous. I just use the from the flag MPG and try to keep it on the bat