1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Squids can teach us about Tic-Tacs.....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ETC(SS), Aug 28, 2023.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is a (relatively long!) video where two US Naval Aviators discuss......
    Tic-Tacs!

Lots of buzz lately about those.
    These are the UFO's (lately: UAPs) that always seem to be hanging out in military training areas.
    I like to challenge my biases.
    This is because there are few things in nature more dangerous than a human animal that doesn't know what they don't know.

MY Presumptions about Tic-Tacs:
    1. Newton is STILL right.
    You cannot cheat physics.
    At least WE can't.
    An object as small as a .22 rifle bullet (2.6 g) will be LOUD a.h. when it breaks the sound barrier, and there will also be significant visual evidence in an earth-like atmosphere. There should be aural, visual, and heat signatures.
    Military aviators are not the only ones with cameras.

b. Follow the money!
    As pointed out in the video, there's a butt-ton of money to be made in military gaps.
    In the 60's there was a 'missile gap.'
    In the 70's there was an 'aircraft gap.'
    In the 80's it was ships and subs. etc.... If the folks in DC thought that the ChiCOMMS or the Russies had tic-tacs then they would be shouting from the mountain-top that there's a 'tic-tac' gap.

I'm still working out in my head how the last administration or the current one could keep tic-tacs a secret without using them as top-cover for crimes or their rotten kids, but generally speaking Dot.mil keeps programmes on the D/L - sometimes even hiding them from the Boss.

I'm also not completely discounting the possibility that aliens would be advanced enough to bust the universal speed limit (a little less than 300 million m/sec) and still be foolish enough to be filmed in US military operating areas and pretty much nowhere else.

One take-away for me.....
    I never knew about the NOTAMS!
    I need to follow up on that...... ;)

#1 ETC(SS), Aug 28, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm not convinced either way, but the fact that the gov has tried to keep things secret classified me wonder

3. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not convinced one way or the other either, but......I cannot help seeing what I'm seeing.
    Dot.gov's default position is to lie and deny, but in this case I think they're being overly blabby.

In the 40's through the 80's they punked the UFO community into giving some of their more classified programmes some top cover.
    People that saw flying triangles were written off as "those UFO types."
    One of the more interesting side-benefits was that you got to field test your new air-frames in the real world AND let your near-peer adversaries know that you were up to some pretty groovy stuff over at Groom Lake and maybe it's best not to mess with you.

COMAIR pilots seeing triangles moving at Mach-3++ WAAAAY up above them in the 80's had to conclude that it was an alien because....they weren't running strobes or red and green lights, right?
    And NOTHING shaped like that is man-made-------right????

Sound familiar?

My Spidey senses are informing me that TIC-TACs are the same kind of cat.
    They're even using the same play-book.
    The FLIR and other data from those carrier birds are going into 2-dial safes in ready rooms where people talk about it using those famous aviator hand gestures.
    If dot.gov REALLY wanted to keep this on the D/L then that data would disappear and people who worked 18-hour days for 8 years to get to fly for Uncle would be advised that it might be better for their career if they kept their lips zipped.

The Chi-comms don't seem to be having Tic Tac problems, and they've been doing Naval Aviation for a bit now.
    Same with the Indians.
    ...AND the Rooskies.
    Even the Brits and the Japans are dipping their toes back into Naval Aviation.
    No TIC-TACs there either.......so far.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that we know of :cool:

but on a serious note, john lennon said he saw a flying saucer from his nyc apartment window, so i'm going with that

5. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Navy does drug tests.
    (Ask Hunter)