1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what tha...

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by AngelFish, Mar 3, 2004.

1. AngelFish

AngelFish New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We have been waiting for a while for our cars. (have one, still waiting for the other) Today we asked again when is it going to arrive... basically they told us that they are being offered 5k+ over sticker by other people (who are not on the list) so they are not sure when we will get ours.

Do they just want to anger the people who have been patient with this whole process? They made it sound like they want to just sell it off to the highest bidder. :evil:

2. cybele

cybele New Member

Do you mean to say that the dealer is offering cars that come in to others at over MSRP and then to waitlisted folks? Do you have a deposit with them? Did they pull this on you for the first car?

I'd be more than peeved at this behaviour.

I'd take it to the manager or the even the owner of the dealership. In this case sometimes the squeaky wheel gets greased when they know they've done you wrong. And word of mouth about dealers can hurt their overall sales - especially if they know you belong to these types of lists.

Would you mind telling us the dealer? I have to take my car in for service somewhere (Dianne's is just too far for regular maintenance.).

3. AngelFish

AngelFish New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When we went to pick up the first one the salesman that took us out on our test drive mentioned (with an off hand comment) that the dealer would love it if we did not take that one because they could then sell it for 4k+ over what we were going to spend on it... The other sales men that day were actively bringing people over to our car asking if it had been sold yet. They did not seem happy that it had. (how odd it was to have sales men knocking on the windows while we were IN the car...)

4. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

Did you lick the handle (or steering wheel) real quick-like? LOL

Mark

5. Jeemz

Jeemz New Member

Wow! Check out Novato Toyota in Novato, Calif. The dealer, Jeff Richman, wants to sell things I don't need (see my earlier post on "PermaPlate"), but he does promise that he won't sell over MSRP. Website: www.novatotoyota.com

Good luck!

6. Jeemz

Jeemz New Member