1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What the H. is THIS ? Boyfriend found this article !!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pola, Jun 1, 2007.

1. pola

pola New Member

2. nyprius

nyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pola @ Jun 1 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]453194[/snapback]</div>
    I'm pretty sure it takes more energy to get hydrogen out of water than you can generate by burning the captured hydrogen. Nevertheless, the technology looks interesting. I'll believe it when it's working in other cars. I wouldn't be the first one to buy it.

3. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pola @ Jun 1 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]453194[/snapback]</div>
    They say:

Based on testing, we anticipate that most vehicles should expect to get a 50%-100% increase in gas mileage, if installed correctly, and maintained properly.

To which I say. If it sounds to good to be true... I would file this one under scam. I mean, any company that could make a product like that that worked would at least have a web page that didn't look like it was designed in 1995. ;)

EDIT:
    Actually, it appears the same product is also marketed at:
    http://befreetech.com/xcart/catalog/Hydro-...em-p-16176.html
    http://www.electricalternative.com/index.html

And that the owner of that company has quite a history:
    Since 1999 the Attorneys General of 7 states have taken actions against Dennis Lee, associated with three companies purporting to sell a free electricity device.
    http://data.middletennessee.bbb.org/bindrr...gen=0&lid=1
    http://www.themediadesk.com/files3/dennislee.htm
    http://www.nmsr.org/denislee.htm
    http://www.phact.org/e/dennis17.html

4. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nyprius @ Jun 1 2007, 08:39 AM) [snapback]453199[/snapback]</div>
    If anyone has an old beater to try this out on, it would be a fun project. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jun 1 2007, 08:44 AM) [snapback]453201[/snapback]</div>
    That and they probably would have sold the technology to Toyota and become rich. :D

5. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ha! Does anyone really believe in this?

made a :) on my face at least... 100mpg in an SUV :) cute!

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    An engine which has such incomplete combustion that it could be helped by hydrogen/oxygen injection needs a tune-up, not a bunch of add-on junk.

7. priussoris

priussoris New Member

SCAM might as well buy the magnets you clamp around your fuel line also , don't forget the flux capacitor it is on sale for $2995.00 :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

8. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm gonna get it... it looks as awesome as the Tornado. Since my fuel economy has more than doubled with the Tornado, this pre-ig cat should get me past 200mpg. Up yours, big oil!

9. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pola @ Jun 1 2007, 08:31 AM) [snapback]453194[/snapback]</div>
    Hee Hee! Let me know if you buy one of these, I have a bridge that can go with it! Reminds me of the old "Mercury Turbo Jet" bottles, real collectible antiques I found in an arroyo in the middle of nowhere. I think the intent was to install them with your gasoline bubbling through the water in the bottle, increasing your power and efficiency and making your engine run cooler. Anyone not knowing this is a scam should keep off the internet, somebody's gonna get you to give them your life savings.

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    How do YOU spell "Snake Oil"?

This guy undoubtedly sells ding dong enlargers as well. Tell your boyfriend to ignore THEM, too!

11. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So, basically they're adding water to your gas. Clever.

12. Submarine Dude

Submarine Dude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pola @ Jun 1 2007, 07:31 AM) [snapback]453194[/snapback]</div>
    Pure snake oil. The MythBusters debunked something very similar not too long ago, along with magnets, acetone, and ultra efficient (but cool looking) carbs.

13. silver-machine

silver-machine New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We also use six powerful magnets that ionize the water in the reservoir and the gasoline in the gas tank to produce smaller molecules and separate their compounds into simple elements so they burn more completely.......

errrr... that doesnt seem very feasible

14. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ^^^

Sure it's possible. I'm pretty certain that this company has figured out how to fold time and space. Shrinking molecules should be a cinch! :)

15. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I already have one. When I'm not driving I wear the magnets on a belt around my waist. If installed correctly they greatly compress the ionize gases thereby, increasing the velocity of my BM, thus leaving less residue behind. Sheryl Crow has one too and swears by it! I don't swear cause it's not nice but with the right diet the functional utility of one square of toilet paper can be expanded to 2.2 applications and that's No Sh*t!

Wildkow

Q) Do you know what Star Trek and toilet paper have in common?
    A) They both fly around Uranus and wipe out Klingons! :rolleyes: :p :lol:

16. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I swear Scott is better than Snopes! Thanks for your diligent work :)

17. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There's a sucker born every minute. You wanna get rich? You don't have to invent a better mousetrap. Just claim you've invented a perpetual motion machine or a gadget that makes an SUV get 100 mpg, and the suckers will break down your door trying to give you their money.

18. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Pola; Change boyfriend :p

19. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Jun 1 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]453261[/snapback]</div>
    Sweet! I definitely wanted to add a flux capacitor to my Prius! Just imagine a Prius turned into a flying time machine... it will put that crappy DeLorean to shame.. But will adding a flux capacitor with a $39,999.99 hover conversion from the year 2015 affect my warranty?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 1 2007, 02:46 PM) [snapback]453400[/snapback]</div>
    Hillarious! :D :D :D

20. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Jun 1 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]453733[/snapback]</div>
    The conversion must be done by a licensed hovercraft builder/ or a person who played as a hovercraft builder on tv and that has been in business for over 50 yrs.

So yeah it will void the warranty on the Prius, but it will work on a DeLorean no warranty to worry about. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
    get the flux capacitor it will save you time and money B)