1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What the hell......Wow................

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tdoff1, May 27, 2008.

1. Tdoff1

Tdoff1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG] What the hell??????????????????????/
    I think I am losing my mind.....first I dump the truck for the Prius. I actually have been turning OFF the car A/C over the last week. (something I have never done) and today I caught myself listening to public radio...........as a lifelong Rebublican and never really a "green" person quite a shock to me.

Me thinks I better go and see a doctor, what's next.....

It is all happening so fast.....................:eek:..need to go a lie down....

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Think of it this way, your mind is finally opening to life. :D

3. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I suggest you pick up a pair of Birkenstocks then report directly to your nearest Whole Foods Market and purchase a bag of fair trade coffee. Oh, and don't forget to Vote Hope in November!

4. penbed

penbed New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Don't forget the polar bears!!

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Sorry, but you're hooked. There's no cure, and no going back either. Life as you knew it has ceased to exist:yield:. Resistance is futile!

6. Yak18

Yak18 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I know what you mean. I'm thinking about recycling now...holy S..T!

7. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    correct me if i am wrong but i thought the prius used the battery to run the
    AC and not gas? In other words it does not waste as much gas as traditional
    cars? If i am correct that means use the AC more ;0)

As for AM radio, i really like A Prairie Home Companion. good stuff.
    I do not care for inaccurate feel good propaganda though. Keep it based
    on facts and less emotion.

8. SparrowHawk60

SparrowHawk60 Happy to be green!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You're doomed! Hope you didn't get the JBL system to listen to AM broadcasts!
    When you start to make flower planters out of your old tires, then you've really gone over the edge. :)

9. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Relax, and sip a nice, soothing latte.

10. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The AC compressor is electrically driven (and the motor is sealed inside, by the way, for reliability), so the energy to run it ultimately comes from the gasoline. Because it only runs when needed and at the optimum speed, unlike a belt-driven compressor, it is inherently more efficient than conventional AC.

But more importantly, the main drive battery system draws its cooling air from the cabin, through that vent to the right of the rear seat. If the cabin gets too hot the battery system will throttle itself to keep from overheating, and that reduces fuel economy. So you can actually reduce MPGs by *not* running the AC. Rule of thumb: if you're too hot then the battery probably is too hot also.

11. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A/C is for sissies:D

kidding, enjoy your new car.

12. Rotorhead

Rotorhead New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The first thing I noticed when I bought my Prius is that listening to Rush Limbaugh on the radio decreases your mileage by about 10 mpg. I'm also wearing hemp clothing and eating tofu, but that's another story.

Rotorhead

13. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What's next for you Tdoff1, is that you'll fill up your gas tank again and again, and every time you'll be wondering why you ever thought that paying at least twice as much to fuel your vehicle was a good idea, even when gas was "cheap."

Then you'll start considering crazy ideas like walking to places that are nearby, or riding a bike as a primary mode of transportation for anything under 5-10 miles. You'll know you're doomed when you put a pair of panniers on your bike to go grocery shopping! :)

14. KayakerNC

KayakerNC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My radio refuses to select Rush ("I'm sorry, I can't do that."), however it still allows some country music stations.

15. Tdoff1

Tdoff1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ....update, feel better, rested, but have a strange urge to get a pair of Birkenstocks and wear a hemp necklace. Gas mileage continues to get better...maybe mental perspective is influencing my mileage as well. My daughter is thrilled and begged me to drive her to school today so her friends could see her "nature friendly" car. (she is 8)

Updates to follow..................:car:

16. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Listening to NPR will never hurt. It covers a wide variety of topics, political and otherwise. At least you have a chance of being exposed to some real journalism. You might find factual information refreshing.

17. timwalsh300

timwalsh300 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am finding that the Prius is a good litmus test for seeing who is truly conservative. True conservatives recognize that buying a Prius is a sound fiscal decision over the long term for not only its fuel economy but also reliability and resale value. They also recognize that we must stop importing so much oil from places like the middle east. Really classical conservatives also recognize that the Prius infringes less on the property rights of others by having such low emissions.

The people who just bash the Prius because it comes from a Japanese automaker and instead drive an American-made V8, 4-door, extended-bed pick-up truck are not conservative. They are the epitome of gluttony, excess, and hardheadedness.

Tim

18. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats Tim, you have finally come out of the Neo-Conservative fog to the real world, now you can see what real conservativism is all about.

19. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm more consistently conservative than Rush - he's an energy socalist.

20. LOVL1TE

LOVL1TE New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You know, I think it's all good. Life is a journey. I try to live moment to moment and not tomorrow to tomorrow. I also try not to tell others how they should think – or vote. There are times I can’t help myself and I do not pretend to hold the cornerstone on truth, but to get back to the original post…

Society says, “God forbid a ‘republican’ move to the left†– or vise versa, or a Deadhead who also likes Michael Jackson, for that matter. It would be wonderful if all of us could become who we are without feeling like something’s wrong with us.

It’s fantastic that Todd1, in my subjective opinion, is so open to ‘becoming’. It’s obviously a move in the right direction, most of ‘us’ think, (including me) as evidenced by the replies. Still, there seems to be so much dogma and divisiveness when it comes to right and wrong. It’s my belief that the more welcoming and nonjudgmental ‘we’ are, the easier it will be for others to feel good about going green, if you will. Judgment breeds resistance, something I’ve witnessed in this forum more than once.

Just a thought.

PS. I hope the Redskins have a great season this yearJ