1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Tires Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by The Critic, Sep 29, 2009.

1. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Although we have had a number of tire threads, we do not have a thread where users have a chance to review the tires that they are using.

So, please post:

1) Brand/model tire that you are currently using
    2) Miles accumulated so far.
    3) Whether or not you'd purchase this tire again and why.
    4) Your experience with the treadlife (i.e. how many miles do you think they'll last)
    5) Impact on Fuel Economy (i.e. negative, positive, no effect)

Thanks!

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    1. Michelin Destiny (X-radial sold by America's Tire)

2. ~ 2k on fronts, ~ 17k on rears (bought 2 when OEM tire had non-repairable damage at 15k)

3. Happy with them so far, handling improvement very apparent compared to OEM (Integrity)

4. No idea, but treadlife rating is approx 2x higher than Integrity. I got 29k out of the Integrity, approx 20k with the tires in front.

5. No (or very slight) mpg hit when first installed on the back, approx 3 mpg hit when installed on the front, but driving pattern has also changed (too many variables to make a good measure). Mileage appears to be rising as tires break in (only 2k on fronts).