1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what to do what to do

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cireecnop1, Nov 3, 2007.

1. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So my car is in the shop for hail damage, The manager told me since my car was such a huge job they gave me a complimentary vehicle detail..................Guess what they used on every piece of plastic in the interior,ARMORALL!!! It was disgusting grease everywhere and on the MFD screen as well.

I just wanted to know what sort of damage this could cause the screen, if any?

thank you guys in advance.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Shouldn't cause any, read the hand book and use what ever it says to use to clean the screen. If nothing specified try a mild dish washing liquid diluted weaker than to wash dishes and a slightly damp (well wrung out) microfibre cloth to clean it. Don't use glass cleaner. You shouldn't need to rub hard so don't.
    Smack repairer behind the ear.

3. drifty1955

drifty1955 New Member

Armorall is terrible. Use Mothers "Back to Black" polish on that black plastic MFD ring. Red plastic bottle. It should fix that damage. I found it at the dealer on there accessory parts shelf. Its awesome. You can also use it on the black plastic pillar pieces on the outside of the car and the black trim below the windshield outside. Not on the dash though.It works perfect only on those special flat black plastic pieces. Makes it look like new. I use Black Magic Protectorant on the dash and that has worked great too.

4. wile-e

wile-e Junior Member

Beware of any cleaner with ammonia. It tends to bite into most of the plastics. Gives your instruments a nice 'hazy' look....

5. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm thinking a little alcohol will do the trick.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't use any alcohol or ammonia based products on the MFD screen. The screen is like a laptop screen, so use a laptop screen cleaner and a lint free towelette.

As for the rest of the plastic, previous suggestions all good.

Complimentary or not, they shouldn't have done your car without your prior permission.

7. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyL @ Nov 3 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]534381[/snapback]</div>
    OK Understand laptop screen. Change tactic. Put 2 fingers of alcohol in a glass; drink; take deep breath and chew out shop manager for putting Armorall on MFD screen.