1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What type of tools needed to swapping 06 seats with salvage 07?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jm98, May 29, 2017.

1. jm98

jm98 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I found a salvage 07 prius with beige leather seats that matches my 06. The salvage Prius interior seems to be much better as the car may have low mileage but airbags deployed and looks to be garage kept.

If the price is right I plan to swap following items:
    - front driver and passenger seats
    - 6-disk CD changer

I am thinking I will need to pull four bolts from frame and un-plug airbag wiring. I need suggestion on what type of tools will be required. I don't want to experiment on site.

Cheers

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The 6 disc cd changer will probably not work, as it requires a separate amp to power it.

The seats should be simple, I believe it's 14mm bolts you need to remove. 4 of them for each seat.

The back is just as easy, why not get the entire leather interior?

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Bring side-cutters to cut the body harness instead of trying to disconnect all the wiring to the seats, bring 10, 12, 14, 17 mm sockets and wrenches, screwdrivers, plastic wedges, channel locks and a hammer. you should be able to get almost anything you need with those tools. the factory headunit is junk anyway, don't waste time or money on it. but definitely get the whole leather interior.

gta_ likes this.