1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What was this reviewer driving?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Apr 17, 2007.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I saw this review for 2007 Prius in epinions.

http://www.epinions.com/content_338839113348

Here are some quotes:

What car was he talking about? Certainly didn't sound like my 2006 Prius and I don't think that's very different from the 2007!

2. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am so glad seeing reviews like that didn't dissuade me from getting my Prius. I am really amazed that people take the time to craft such fictional tales. I love when I have a passenger who has read reviews like that in my car. I'm surprised that they left out the old prius review standards such as "gutless wonder" and "can't get out of it's own way" and "felt unsafe merging onto the highway".

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It looks like the reviewer just looked at the car... from the outside only. Maybe when he was just about to sit in the car to drive it, someone distracted him and they did a quick switch on him.... there's not much else to explain how wrong he is :)

4. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Apr 17 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]424973[/snapback]</div>
    I think the question is what was this kid smoking? Ugly car with cool graphics?? "The only other cars that can equal or surpass this are the Honda Passport and some fo (sic) the electric cars." HONDA PASSPORT!! Give this post the attention it deserves, simply ignore it.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The comments about lack of space and poor field of view came from the reviewer having his head up his a$$. :blink:

Tom

6. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Ok how do you find this to be valid?

The only other cars that can equal or surpass this are the Honda Passport and some fo the electric cars

The Passport was an suv with poor gas mileage that would in no way get close to the prius especially if you had the v6 option.

It is definitely a cheap car type of vehicle - nothing wrong with that - but you won't get extras like leather, onstar, sunroof, and other stuff like that. I think if you're considering this car, none of that will matter.

The only way to get onstar is to buy a gm car or truck.

You can't find a Passport and even if you could, it is so expensive that you'd never save anything given the price.

Wth does this person even know what a Passport is?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Passport
    if you cant afford a Passport then you cant afford a prius.

is this person talking about the insight they are hard to find but not costly.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Insight

if you can find one or want to get it from ebay you can pick them up in the 10- 15k range.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry. Honda Passport?!?! aka Isuzu Rodeo?? lol.

his response was funny "No offense, but I wonder if you've ever driven the car. "Garbled" is a weird word for prose. We usually reserve that for oral communication. "

he's asking the poster if he has driven a Prius and yet when the poster asks if the editor has driven it, he gives no response like "yes I have" or similar. Good going.

Subcompact... None of the cars he has listed are subcompacts except the Aveo.

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey, this is epinions, where ANYBODY can write a review. I put it in the same category as Wikipedia: Good to get a general overview, but I wouldn't stake any serious money on information gotten from it.

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just add your own epinion, on his review or the Prius. I suggested people come here for REAL opinions...

10. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    IMHO, Toyota has cornered the market in back seat leg room for compact cars. I don't know what that guy sat in. I used to have a Matrix and it was fantastic back there. I just sat in the back of a Prius this weekend and it's still great! To quote a 6ft reviewer years ago: "I can sit behind myself!"

11. Robert Fisher

Robert Fisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GoEco @ Apr 18 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]425191[/snapback]</div>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Review
    I like the Prius, but not all that much.

It's one ugly car with a lot of cool graphics going on inside. It's the gas mileage that will attract you more than anything. It can get up to 50 mpg. The only other cars that can equal or surpass this are the Honda Passport and some fo the electric cars. The Honda Civic is the next best choice.

</span> To Reply to this message: Mailto [email protected]
    To View the WEB Page: http://www.fishers-landing.com
    Random Random's: http://fishers-landing.blogspot.com/

12. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

Epinions pays reviewers for their work, depending on how much traffic it generates. This "reviewer" has written 118 reviews, looks to me like a jobless person trying to earn some money. His/her review seems to violate the user agreement:
    You agree that you shall not post any information:
    * that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;

However, Epinions does not really care if a reviewer violates that part of the agreement, there is no easy way to report these violations other than adding a comment. This particular review is getting lots of traffic from priuschat, good for Epinions and good for the reviewers "Eroyalties Credits" balance.

Edit: here is how reviewers earn money.

13. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lowlander @ Apr 18 2007, 04:58 AM) [snapback]425201[/snapback]</div>
    Epinions pays reviewers? I didn't know that! I'd better start writing more reviews! :lol:

Since I drive a Prius, I can distinguish fact from fiction and will recognize that this particular person is either smoking something really strong and/or is just blowing some really strong emissions out of his tailpipe. The problem I have is that people who are not already familiar with the Prius and go to somewhere like epinions for user reviews might not know any better than to believe what he is saying.

14. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GoEco @ Apr 17 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]425191[/snapback]</div>
    My last car was a Ford Probe, which was a two-door. The back seats in that have been described as a "cloth covered place to put groceries." If the Prius were the same I'd agree, but the Prius has far more room in the back.

15. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I happen to have personally known one of the founders of Epionions. He's a jerk. I mean a real big jerk.

16. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Apr 18 2007, 10:40 AM) [snapback]425290[/snapback]</div>
    I assume you're referring to Mr. T? Very interesting.

17. PriusBoyAZ

PriusBoyAZ New Member

While the Prius appears to have reduced visiblity, at first glance, once you've driven it you realize that is not the case. I find that my VW Jetta has worse blind spot issues than the Prius, and rear headlight glare is a non-issue with the Prius.

Regarding leg room, the back seats have more leg room than my VW Jetta. The seats are comfortable and accommodate people better than my previous car. Perhaps the reviewer is comparing the Prius to an Avalon? Whatever the case, rear passenger space is just fine -- it's one of the things I paid close attention to before buying the car.

I think some people just HAVE to be overly critical of anything new and different. That would explain the slew of misinformed articles, rumors, etc. It must be very difficult for a small mind to wrap itself around a new concept, so instead it dismisses the concept altogether.

18. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is such a ridiculous comment. Everybody who's sat in the back of my Prius is surprised by its roominess. Three adults can sit in the back with no problem. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here. As far as "trunk space" goes -- it sounds like he isn't even aware that the seatbacks can go down and the cover can come off. Or, maybe the seatbacks WERE down when he tried to sit in the back, and he thought the little compartment under the carpet in the rear was the trunk.

I agree. When I first started driving the Prius I was really bothered by the spoiler splitting the rear window. But then I realized I got about as much visibility as other cars out of the top part of the window and the lower part was extra. Also, once I got used to the back-up camera, I realized how much MORE visibility I have.

The font windshield is nice and big, but the side A-pillars do kind of bother me still. They really do cause a big blind spot. A pedestrian crossing in front of you can be completely hidden at one point.

19. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Mistsy should go back on his/her meds before attempting to write a review of a car that he/she has never driven and probably never even sat in. The back seat is cavernous and the truck space, what the heck is he/she talking about. My mother use to say if you have no knowledge of what you are talking about you should say nothing about the subject.

20. Robert Fisher

Robert Fisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    How can all these "posts" be sent to Epinions as a response? It may be an interesting endeavor!