1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What will be the Big Summer Film of 2005?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bookrats, Apr 17, 2005.

?
  1. Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The War of the Worlds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Batman Begins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fantastic Four

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cinderella Man

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mr. and Mrs. Smith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Kingdom of Heaven

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The Dukes of Hazzard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. OTHER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Note that I'm not asking what the best summer film will be. I'm asking which film you think will be most popular -- i.e., sells the most tickets, makes the most money. (Not counting franchising -- toys, Happy Meals, Underoos.)

Obviously, I'm making a guess that one of the films I've listed will be Bucks Up #1 (well, maybe not the last one :lol: ) -- but I've left an OTHER category if you think something else will win. (If you have a specific alternate in mind, vote OTHER and post your suggestion.)

I'm always curious to see how these things turn out, so I thought I'd take a poll and see how close we come.

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is the one I'm going to see.

3. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The top five will probably all be big, Star Wars will probably gross the most, though. They are already lining up down the street from my house. I live 6 blocks from Grauman's Chinese in Hollywood. I think war of the World's will be big but not Independence Day big. And I'm with , well whoever the guy is that posted ahead of me, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy looks great!! :iagree :iagree :iagree :iagree :iagree

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i have to agree that "Hitchhiker" is a glaring ommission.

and lets face it... Star Wars will top all summer box office numbers before anyone has the time to realize that its no good (IF that is the case)

realize that being a fan means that it would have to totally suck for me to not like it but at the same time would be nearly impossible for me to be totally satisfied with it either

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

6. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

I can't wait to see the Star Wars movie this weekend. :)

7. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just hope the Fantastic Four movie doesn't suck. However, since the Dr. Doom origin already looks mangled almost beyond recognition, I'm going to be ready for it...

8. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    did anyone see "Hitchhiker?" it was very funny and interesting to say the least. cant wait for Star Wars either, its got to be the crowning achievement so Lucas will be putting all the cards on the table

9. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Easy, Star Wars Episode III. It'll be the big tie in, into the original series.

10. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

Saw 'Hitchhiker's Guide" last weekend. I thought it was pretty funny. but the writers had to be really messed up or on crack. Definitely a lot of Monty Python moments.

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Definitely Ep III - my g/f got to see it 2 weeks ago and loved it (special screening for theater managers). She's a big Star Wars fan, and it made her cry.

I'm looking forward to that, War of the Worlds, Batman Begins, & Mr & Mrs Smith. I hope it's a big movie season this summer - with the box office being down 25% from this time last year, they are talking about layoffs with Nichole's company.

12. tag

tag Senior Member

Another thumbs up for Hitchhiker's. But then I'm an MP fan so......

I agree that the film will be Ep III.

Now, who's the wise guy?

13. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I want to know what the "Other" could be? Is "The Gun in Mary Lou's Handbag" coming back out and I don't know about it yet?

14. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"90203)</div>
    All those Firefly fans seeing the Serenity movie at sneak previews this summer. :)

Or maybe The Longest Yard remake?

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i selected other for Hitchhiker... War of the Worlds will be something to see also.

i saw a blurb about the slowdown at the theaters this year. everyone is hoping that SW 3 will the catylst to kick off the summer season.

i also went and saw Kingdom of Heaven. i liked the movie but not sure why. the acting was decent but most of the action scenes were poor. most of them were shot with too tight a frame so it was nearly impossible to see what was happening. i cant imagine how bad it will be on a "pan and scan" full screen version.

i think its gotta be a carry over from Lord of the Rings since Orlando Bloom is in it. in this movie he actually doesnt look like a skinny little punk any more. he really beefed up for this role

and as far as Dukes of Hazzard, Jessica Simpson will probably do a decent job of Daisy Duke but NO ONE will ever top the legs of Catherine Bach!!