1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What you pay a month?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tarusse1, Jan 12, 2010.

1. tarusse1

tarusse1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey everyone I am looking at picking up a II or III sometime in the spring or early summer. I'm interested in finding out what people paid out the door for their cars and what kind of payments and financing terms most have. The reason I ask is because I looked in November and found a III for a decent price and then was given what I feel was an extremely bad deal in terms of monthly payments and that was with 3000 down. Thanks for the input.

2. longhaul

longhaul Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Go to a site called interest.com click on auto put in your numbers & it will give u what your payment per mo. should be. Longhaul

3. Radiant

Radiant New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You don't have to take the dealers terms in financing in order to buy a car. In most cases I recommend you don't. If you credit is good, forget the dealer and head to your bank or credit union - mine beat the dealer out by .75% on the first round AND their finance charges were less than 1/2 of the dealer's.
    Most banks understand how this works and will explain to you how to handle the financing part of the situation.

4. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I pay $0 a month. I paid cash for the car.

5. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good business tactic - If you want to pay the least amount of money, pay cash. (Who wants to pay those crazy finance charges and interest on borrowed money?).

Keith

6. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Actually, If you own your own business your accountant might tell you to lease...that way you only pay for part of the car.:rolleyes:

7. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If you have the cash, and savings interest rates are lower than finance rates, there isn't a good justification for financing. It feels really good to not have any car payments.

8. tarusse1

tarusse1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks, I was really hoping for some real input. I understand the best thing to do is to pay cash, but like most in this country that isn't possible. So can anyone give me some real info.

9. Melmcc

Melmcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We paid $25,459 for the out the door price for our Prius II. We did not get Toyoguard, the $400 floor mats, or any of the other add ons that the dealer tried to add into the price. I hope this helps. :)

10. tarusse1

tarusse1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well I was just trying to get a feel for what others have been paying out the door, doing my research before hand. Also before you got out on a limb and make an nice person out of yourself this would be my 4th new car and unlike alot of the smug assholes on this site I can't afford to pay for the car entirely in cash due to having a family and trying to pay for graduate school as well. Maybe you should realize that not many people in this country can afford to purchase a car and pay for it entirely in cash. I know very well I could go to various sites and get approximate payments and other info but that is not what I asked. So before you say I'm missing the info reread the questions I asked. Thanks

11. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yet this is your 4th new car?

12. GreenGuy33

GreenGuy33 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I went one step better, I negotiated the terms. I got it down to 3.49% for 60 months.
    My financial advisor told me to finance instead of paying cash because he could do better than 4-5% with the market, so he transfers to my bank the amount each month I need and the rest of my money is making money.

13. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi- I bought a new 2009 with package 2 in Feb. 2009. I went on the internet where you state what car you are looking for and dealers call you with a price. The fleet salesman called with a price. I paid $22,700 and change. That was a couple of thousand below the sticker price. There was a $500.00 rebate on Prius at that time. I don't think there is a rebate on Prius very often. I think you can get a better deal with the fleet salesman. You might want to shop around for the best financing. Most of the people on this site are nice. Sorry about the few who aren't. Good luck.

14. Branndon

Branndon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    272 with gap insurance