1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What're Best Rims to Look for GEN2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by alfa164b, Apr 24, 2020.

1. alfa164b

alfa164b Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking for the best looking cheap rims for my 2005 prius. I got the car for $500 and tons of people are sellign rims online from different toyotas etc.

Hoping to find some from a sienna, or whatever works. What have you guys found?

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I would look for celica wheels, or touring wheels myself. I don't like gaudy wheels, or wheels with too many spokes. simple and clean rules.

3. Georgios

Georgios Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    If you want cheap good wheels means you need used ones in as good condition you can get i guess. I got those for $100. Good think about oem wheels is they are oem (even if ftom other model) and especially the touring wheels you can have kind of tuning looking wheels and with just a slap of the wheel cover to have totally oem look
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    damn, I wish I could have found touring wheels cheap! Toyota didn't market the touring model around here. I guess they knew anyone stupid enough to live this close to the stench of the federal government wouldn't have the good sense to appreciate decent looking wheels. (even though they were hidden behind some crap looking hubcaps...)

5. alfa164b

alfa164b Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I found a set of these for $200 on CL today, how they holding up? you like the look? what color did you paint them?

6. Georgios

Georgios Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    They are holding up with zero issues. These wheels will still be showing up for long time to come. Still a lot of tourings around.
    The paint I used was spray paint and i knew it will chip off easy. But more than half a year not even 1 chip. I used Duplicolor HWP105. This is bronze, while they have golden color like the old subaru sti wrc rims. I used car primer and then clear coat from duplicolor. They have them in oreily I think Wheel Coating – Duplicolor

I would paint them close to the original grey but on green car those look ok with the yellow fog lights combo

7. alfa164b

alfa164b Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My car is actually a faded red color that was just a photo i found online