1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's a better option prius c four or a 2012 prius two base?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by bingchong, Mar 23, 2012.

1. bingchong

bingchong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone compared or thought about getting a Prius C four or the regular Prius two hatchback. I know the pricig is very close but some of the basic options are different. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally I like the smaller more nimble C because it doesn't seem so tankish. Maybe that's because I normally drive small cars. I would suggest driving them both first and seeing which you like better.

3. James9567

James9567 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I own both the C and 2010 prius ,,,, i love both cars, unless you need the extra space the c is more fun to drive and better gas mileage,,,,iam getting an avg 57 with the C and avg 51 with the regular prius

4. kwhitty

kwhitty New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We considered both but prefer driving smaller cars. I first learned to drive with a Chevy Astro Van (think giant tank) and I've been compensating for it ever since. I feel like a ninja in a small car :)

I second kirkuleez - test drive both and see how you feel. It's best if you can drive both the same day and route to have an apples to apples comparison.

5. alfon

alfon Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

James, when you have a chance can you post Highway
    mpg's with your C in comparison to your 2010 Prius.

On our 2010 Prius is EPA rated at 48 mpg. However on the
    highway we usually get at least in the low 50's mpg calculated.
    Thats with 10% Ethanol reg gas.

6. James9567

James9567 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    sure can alfon, when its warmer than 40 degrees i have posted as high as 57mpg on the highway with my 2010 prius,,, winter time hwy mileage can be as low as 42mpg......i think the regular prius will do better on hwy mileage than the C... bigger engine works easier on expressway when your driving over 65mph..... when i drive around 55 mph,,, the c will do better...

7. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Make sure that when you test drive each, drive them in all modes (eco, ev, normal, and power for the liftback prius). I drove both and C is more nimble/reactive, liftback has more low end power.

C IV = Sunroof, Nav/Entune, Softex, (am I missing anything else here?)
    Prius II = More room

8. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I tested a C last week. To my surprise, I feel it is pretty slow, compare to my 2004 Prius. I almost floor the gas paddle but still did not feel greater acceleration. Maybe it was on ECO mode? The 2004 Prius is more than adequate in my view.

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Eco mode will make it feel VERY sluggish. Normal mode is better but still doesn't feel as quick as the GenII. Power mode definitely feels faster than the GenII. This is all about feel though. The modes become irrelevant if you floor the gas pedal.

I preferred the look of the GenIII to the c in pictures but seeing them in person I am not so sure now. The c is a damn nice looking car while completely stock. I walked out of Chile's last. Ice and saw a white c parked not far from my GenIII and because of the c's alloy wheels I thought it almost looked better than my car. :( it definitely gets better gas mileage. The thing that drove me away from the c was the way the back seats lay down and the general lack of refinement in the interior package. Otherwise it is a pretty sweet little car and the mpg can't be beat!