1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's my 2012 Prius v battery warranty and hybrid motor warranty? what isCARB?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by wstt, Jan 10, 2021.

1. wstt

wstt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2012 Prius v, that was purchased in California, and initially registered in California but has been registered in another state for the past 5 years (a non CARB state)?
    1. What is the battery and hybrid warranty? (the manual says 8 years 100k miles, but I keep hearing California is longer),
    2. Do these CARB state rules override the manufacturers warranty of 8 years 100k miles even if the rules were put in place after my car was built?
    3. I am moving back to California, when I register it there will that bump my warranty back up to 10 years 150k miles? Even if the warranty technically expired while it was registered out of state?
    4. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance for any help on this?

2. wstt

wstt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Can't say positively but I would wait if the car will make it. Remember that if the car was bought in Sept 2011 it will expire in Sept 2021, assuming you are still under 150k and the car qualifies. I know it had to be sold in a carb state.

According to the guy in your link "2015 EDIT: We now have a few answers to some of the questions psoed above...Toyota did tell me that the "In-Out-In" case is covered by CARB. In other words, only 2 states matter: the state the Prius was orig bought/registered and what state you live in now must both be CARB."

#3 rjparker, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021