1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Whats new with HD Radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wildhorsearnp, Sep 9, 2007.

1. wildhorsearnp

wildhorsearnp Junior Member

Is HD radio viable yet on Prius? I know that there were some problems early on with the DICE unit. If it is going good, how much money down and how much to install? Has anything changed, or should I just set my sites once more on saving up for XM?

2. tedb

tedb Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bwcawmedicineman @ Sep 9 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]509762[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know about using HD in a car. But, I can tell you that at home where I have it, it is very sensitive to location -- that is I had to fiddle around with the antenna. That kind of makes me wonder how effective it would be on the road. On the other hand, I live in a hilly area and perhaps that's not an issue in yours.

3. tedb

tedb Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bwcawmedicineman @ Sep 9 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]509762[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know about using HD in a car. But, I can tell you that at home where I have it, it is very sensitive to location -- that is I had to fiddle around with the antenna. That kind of makes me wonder how effective it would be on the road. On the other hand, I live in a hilly area and perhaps that's not an issue in yours.

4. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    HD Radio is DOA. It suffers from the same critical flaw as AM and FM -- constant interference from the FCC.

5. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    HD Radio is DOA. It suffers from the same critical flaw as AM and FM -- constant interference from the FCC.