1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the best way to clean the touch screen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by swfoster2, Oct 9, 2007.

1. swfoster2

swfoster2 New Member

A newbie strikes again! I used a little windex on my computer screen and it leaves smudges. Any suggestions on how to have a crystal clear, smudge free screen on my pretty new Prius? Thanks....

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cheminee @ Oct 8 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]523003[/snapback]</div>
    A slightly damp cotton or microfiber cloth is all it takes.

After I wash and dry the exterior of the car, I use the damp microfiber drying towel to wiped down the interior . . . dash, MFD, steering wheel, etc.

No need to use cleaning chemicals.

3. swfoster2

swfoster2 New Member

thnx-I'll give it a try.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Don't use Windex or other cleaning chemicals. A micro-fiber cloth works well. For really bad finger prints, use an LCD cleaning kit like those used for computers or TVs.

Tom

5. patmagee

patmagee Junior Member

I use Plexus on my MFD as well as the plastic cup holder lids and the radio face/cubby hole, head/tail light lens covers. It is a plastic cleaner that helps resist finger printing and is anti-static so it doesn't attract dust. Cotton/microfiber cloth works well. Follow the direction on the can.

If you have plexiglass elsewhere as I have on the windshield of my bike, it becomes transparent and resists water. Also makes the bugs come off easier.

6. partipilo

partipilo Weirdo

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've long known not to use standard Windex on computer monitors, because it contains Ammonia, and that supposedly slowly dissolves the anti-glare coating from the screen. I've always been a fan of 409 for cleaning LCD screens.

There was a report at one time, where some diligent fellow contacted various LCD monitor manufacturers, asking them what the recommended cleaning solution was, and more often then not, they said plain rubbing alcohol, isopropryl... Thats what 409 uses (they call it isopropanol on the label)

7. snowdog650

snowdog650 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use these kind of wet-nap cleaning pads that are designed for flat-screen CPU monitors. They kick butt and you can get 100 of them at Office Depot/Max for like $8. And they are individually wrapped.