1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the best way to put phone in the console

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Henrik Helmers, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Henrik Helmers

Henrik Helmers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello. In my gen2 I used a bluetooth and USB adapter to put my phone in the center console while driving. In the 2020 plug-in I would like to use CarPlay. But if I plugin the phone, it either has to live in one of the cupholders, or on the Qi charger mat. But if I put it on the mat, the cable will have to "pass over" the cupholder area.

I discovered I could close the console with the phone inside without breaking the cable, but it seems like I'm fighting the design here. Is there a better way to keep the phone connected and still keep it in the console? Maybe there are flat USB -> Lightning cables that I could semi-permanently attach? Having the cable hanging about in the cupholder area is just asking for someone to spill hot coffee :eek:

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If you connect the phone to the car with bluetooth, it doesn't "need" to also be plugged in......unless of course the battery is getting low.

Are there two cup holders ? Put the phone in one ??

I think your previous experience is inhibiting you from finding a new solution.

3. Dennis_MA

Dennis_MA Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I use a telephone mount. I run the cable next to the console. If you use Waze the map appears on the Prius display and the turn by turn directions appear on the phone, which is nice. I got my mount from ProClip.

4. Henrik Helmers

Henrik Helmers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    I found a flat cable online. Temporarily(who am I kidding :LOL:) holding it in place with tape. This allows me to put the phone in the console tray, close the console lid and use CarPlay. Seems to work fine.

IMG_0219.jpeg

don_chuwish and lbligh like this.