1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the biggest thing you stuffed into your Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Eug, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    This is a pre-hung door (32x80") complete with its frame.

2. jasonmeehan

jasonmeehan New Member

Damn..

Such storage space, gotta love it. I fit 6 cases of wine in there this past weekend, with room for plenty more (should have bought some!) :lol:

3. BVISAILMAN

BVISAILMAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I went to the nursery and we got two 7 foot dogwoods, 4 - three foot tall potted plants, a hanging planter and 50 pounds of soil, with room for more

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I fit 5 adult humans into mine! :D Granted, they are more flexible than most other types of cargo, and they also fit nicely into storage compartments designed specifically for them.

I also recently transported a 4'x6' painting that my wife is working on. She was worried before we got the Prius that she might not have enough space in the new car to transport her artwork for shows, but when we picked up the car she said "why didn't you tell me there's so much space inside?"

5. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I carried 11-foot sections of quarter round. Just so you know, 11 feet is too long to fit in the Prius. 10.5 would have just barely fit, but I had to hang the sections out of the passenger window.

Over the past year or so I have hauled (on separate trips)
    - 2 6-feet tall bookcases
    - a free-standing kitchen cabinet
    - an art-deco armoire
    - an antique vanity with mirror, of course

I didn't think to take pictures. Next time I have something unusual or large or unusually large, I'll be sure to get a picture or two to share.

6. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Just brought home my new 37" TV in it. With the back seats folded down it fit with lots of extra space.

7. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hauled a 50 gallon gas water heater with shipping box intact. The warehouse guy who helped me load it into the car was impressed.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suppose mother-in-law jokes are not acceptible here....?

9. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 24 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]308758[/snapback]</div>
    Only if accompanied by a photo. :p

10. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    We also put 600 lbs of laminate flooring in the Prius a while back. It would have easily fit and then some, but I had just gotten the car and was worried about breaking that plastic platform over the spare wheel, so it was two trips. I've realized now that it is remarkably strong, but I still wish it were a tad thicker.

We also puts tons of of that rubber stuff for underneath the flooring (800 square feet?). The carpet store guys were impressed.

BTW, some dude started following me around in the parking lot, which I found creepy, but it turned out it was just somebody looking for advice on a potential Prius purchase. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(narf @ Aug 24 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]308749[/snapback]</div>
    I also had no problem fitting a 37" LCD TV in it. My 34" CRT might be a problem though... That thing is humungous. I'm thinking it would fit without the box, but I'm not sure if I could close the hatch. Plus the damn thing is almost 200 lbs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Aug 24 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]308746[/snapback]</div>
    Heh. I love camera phones. :)

P.S. Thanks to the mod for fixing the pix. I guess they were too big.

11. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 24 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]308758[/snapback]</div>
    Only if your wife doesn't read the posts.....

12. gwelgrin

gwelgrin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like theblackpearl and I are on the smae page.

I was able to fit a 56 bottle wine fridge in the original box.

Mmmm Wine!

13. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

14. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 24 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]308758[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

I haven't had to fit anything too huge or impressive in the Prius yet~maybe that will change next month when I have to haul what I'm sure will be a BUNCH of stuff from my mom's to my place after my baby shower. :eek:

For a weeklong snowboarding trip earlier this year we were able to fit 3 snowboards + gear (3 pairs of boots, bindings, outerwear, etc), 2 oversized duffel bags, 1 smaller duffel bag, a full-sized ice chest, several bags of non-perishable groceries, a 24-pack flat of 24oz water bottles, 2 humans, 2 pillows, a laptop and a few other miscellaneous items. Only had to put down the larger 'half' of the rear seat to fit the longer items, so we could've fit one more human in the backseat if we'd needed to.

15. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

Me.

Ok, Evan, now you can do the mother-in-law joke.

When my husband was asked if our old Camry had air bags...he said

"Only when my wife and mother-in-law were with me."

Then he would add...

"They even made movies about my ex-wife and ex-mother-in-law...Jaws I and II."

See what my life is like????

I'm almost 6 feet tall...so I love it that I FIT!! comfortably, at that.

Brought home a bookcase yesterday....no problems fitting it in.

terri

16. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    A secretary desk from Ashley Furniture - 36"W x 22"D x 45"H. It came in one box with the legs off and a bunch of styrofoam fitted to the case. The box JUST barely cleared the hatch opening, but once inside, I closed the hatch. I was ready and willing to toss the box and styrofoam at the store if necessary. It is about 1 mile from my house and no way was I going to pay a delivery charge. :) I also got a chair (actually 2, they were glad I was honest and returned the other) also in a box. The back and back legs are one piece, the two front legs were also separate from the seat. That box went in the front seat. No problems. Well, until I got home, that desk box weighed a TON! I backed the Prius up to the steps so I wouldn't have to lift the whole thing by myself. Then I dragged it into the house. I took all the drawers and inside dividers out before I lugged the case upstairs.

[attachmentid=4607][attachmentid=4608]

17. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    a full sized recliner, 6 packing boxes, 5 large shopping bags (since they were moldable), and a kayak on the roof... oh, and the front seats were empty, save me and my dog :)

18. markymags

markymags Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Like Narf I fit a 37" TV still in the box in my Prius with PLENTY of room to spare.

I also fit my friend's goalie gear, my hockey gear, and our hockey sticks by putting the middle and right seat down. I slide his bag of hockey gear (he has a ton of gear) up the folded down seats and I put my hockey gear in the back area. I slide our hockey sticks over all of our gear.

19. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Aug 24 2006, 12:45 PM) [snapback]308829[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm... Those things are pretty bulky. I wouldn't have thought it would fit.

Then again, I was convinced I wouldn't be able to fit the door either.

20. jmccord

jmccord New Member