1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the deal with Gen 2 trim levels?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DiscoCat, Sep 29, 2023.

Tags:
  1. DiscoCat

DiscoCat New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    What's the deal with Gen 2 trims?
    I thought there was only standard and touring now I'm seeing #5 #6. What the...?
    I have Google this but can't find info what the trims entail.
    Can someone please send me a link or fill me in?

(n)

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I think that's the Gen 3 you're talking about with the two three four and five all that nonsense I didn't think the generation two's had that I know there's a tourer The elusive larger spoiler in 16-in rims with the fog lights and I imagine every piece of plastic upgrade for exterior trim that you could get on the car would come on this car. Personally I've never seen one I don't even know if I've googled it to look at it in pictures I've seen people that have tried to turn their car into that by adding 16 in semi aftermarket looking wheels and the lip on the spoiler and adding the fog lights from the two grilled pieces you need to buy to do it. And other than that in '08 I have seen smooth leather interior and the perforated other than that pretty much not much any difference I have a perforated interior leather car gray dark gray but it has an armrest that's covered in the grave allure and dropped over that is this cover that has the leather trim on it that matches the interior of the car The only way I know this is it as its own separate skew number so I guess it's dropped on at the dealer part of PDI.? The only way I knew this is I lifted the armrest up and noticed it was double the thickness of a normal armrest and then just by grabbing it and squeezing it the insert piece lifted right off the armrest itself and I'm holding it in my hand and it has a SKU number on the bottom of it quite strange.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The Gen 2 has a base model and a touring model. The package #1-6 (or whatever number) is merely the options package included with the model. There is a list in the forum that describes each package. I have the complete list in my shop. maybe I can scan it and post it later tonight or this weekend.

But here's a good start, which may have every bit of information you may want to know about a Gen 2

2007 Prius eBrochure (dealereprocess.org)

#3 TMR-JWAP, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023