1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the "least conspicuous" Class I hitch?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by bauerhillboy, Jul 4, 2013.

1. bauerhillboy

bauerhillboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not that I mind it showing...I'd just like the one that gives me BETTER GROUND CLEARANCE. Some of these look like they hang pretty low and the bump getting into my driveway is gonna give me trouble.

2. Mattman4723

Mattman4723 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not exactly sure but I was recently in the market for a hitch, so I could put my bikes in the back and not on the roof. If I get one I'm going with a Curt, go on ORS racks direct and check it out. Seems good but not sure how much clearance you would have. Good luck.

3. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The Eco Hitch is the most low profile one, but I'd venture to say that the receiver area hangs down almost as low as the others. I have a Drawtite hitch. No problem with ground clearance and it was ez to install.

Galaxy Nexus ? 2

4. kurbmaster

kurbmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have a hidden hitch. Easy to install, works great, is mostly hidden sticks out an inch or so from rear bumper. Blends in with black trim below bumper, good clearance.