1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the most obnoxious car in production, right now?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by UsedToLoveCars, Jan 2, 2012.

1. UsedToLoveCars

UsedToLoveCars Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    by any standard you'd like.

I'm thinking the BMW X6M

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, the X6 line is pretty ugly. I'm not sure what BMW is thinking and the FE on that X6 M is horrible.

I'd add Cadillac Escalade ESV and Lincoln Naviagator L. In AWD form, the former weighs a pretty insane 5982 lbs. The latter is a whopping 6239 lbs. in 4x4 form, making it almost as bad the 6400+ lb. Hummer H2 (eventually got as high at 6614 lbs., apparently).

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Obnoxious, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. For me, anything that burns gasoline or fossil diesel is obnoxious, and the more the worse. I guess the most obnoxious car would be the one that burns the most fuel, with the proviso that a car actually used to carry several people gets a per-passenger figure. There's a hiking lodge that uses very big SUVs to transport the hikers to the trailheads. The SUVs are generally full or nearly so. And they spend a lot of time driving up and down logging roads that 2WD cars cannot get through. That's very different from one person driving a big SUV to the supermarket! And the full SUV probably gets better per-passenger mpg than a Prius with just one person in it.

2 people like this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll throw the G55 AMG into the mix and the upcoming G65 AMG.

5. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    A Bugatti Veyron gets 3 MPG at top speed. That's fairly obnoxious and 7 figures. Less than 60 miles on a full tank.

6. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good call, if this stink bug had "Kia" on the outside it would be uncool to buy.

7. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't know what it is now... but it used to be:

[​IMG]

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    But that top speed is over 250 mph. IOW, you're only going to be going top speed on a track or other designated raceway. It does zero to sixty in 2.5 seconds. It costs $1,700,000. The tires can be removed from the rims only in France, and that costs $70,000 to do. The tires themselves cost only $25,000 per set. And I imagine that if you drive the car as it was apparently intended to be driven, you're going to go through tires fairly fast.

Yeah, I guess that's fairly obnoxious. Though I can't imagine that they build very many of them in a year.

2 people like this.
  9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The hiking lodge's use is a proper use vs. the ridiculous monstrosity class (full-sized) SUVs I see being driven around solo and/or w/minimal cargo and passengers that I see all the time.

What's ridiculous is that Chevy has the nerve to call the Tahoe a mid-size SUV per 2012 Chevy Tahoe | SUV | Chevrolet :rolleyes: (look at the URL). Mid-sized, my butt.
    On the note of the Veyron, http://priuschat.com/forums/other-cars/77770-man-made-bugatti-super-car-veyron-ep-ngc.html was pretty cool.

10. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Am I the only one that thinks DRIVING people somewhere, so they can HIKE is a complete waste?

1 person likes this.
  11. Sagitar

Sagitar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I live in Bedfordshire, which is very flat and pretty boring to walk around, though I do walk it regularly nevertheless.

I love to walk in the Lake District which is hilly and picturesque. A week of walking there is very enjoyable and makes me feel great.

They are 200+ miles apart and I drive it a couple of times every year.
    Sorry, but I am not about to stop doing it just because you think it's a waste.

12. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Corwyn lives in beautiful Maine. His viewpoint is jaundiced.

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    volksvagon tdi.

14. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yea, this is definitely a non-essential use of gasoline!

15. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    While many cars may look obnoxious, its the person behind the wheel that makes the vehicle atrocious. In Los Angeles, I get tailgated everyday or being cut in front by many "obnoxious" drivers driving everything from SUVs, pickup trucks, sports cars and, yes even Prii. And more than half of them are surprisingly women.

I have driven the Veyron and found it to be a very well engineered and drivable car even while cruising at 20mph. It is totally balanced and a pleasure to drive. I can not admit on a public forum how fast I drove it on a public street. :)

16. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Any car can be obnoxious if it's poorly driven. The Prius can definitely be obnoxious, if driven slowly in the far left lane of the freeway or pulse and glided in traffic.

The Veyron isn't particularly attractive to me, but I don't see it as obnoxious. Ostentatious, yes.

17. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If one wanted to be obnoxious this would be my first choice. You could always make a big donation to something connected to Al Gore to relieve any guilt.

18. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Guess we should change the question from obnoxious to ugly. The Veyron is an amazing car but if it's not obnoxious then a Hummer is almost green in comparison. I was able to do the Exotics Racing in Las Vegas at Thanksgiving and they ask you to request cars you'd like to drive in the future through their website. The instructor laughed and said don't bother asking for the Veyron due to cost but even they try to get the owners to put one in inventory.

19. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  20. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ford Excursion with a PowerStroke diesel and one of those chips to make black smoke come out the tailpipe when you floor it. Sadly, they just don't make it anymore, gotta get an F450 crew cab dually 4x4 with a shell instead.

MTA: The definition of obnoxious