1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the WEIRDEST thing you've ever seen or heard?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, May 11, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Me:

In some out of the way graveyard, a piece of semi-circular metal about 7 feet long was placed over what was presumably a grave. There were two propane tanks standing on one end, and I could see theblue flames blowing into an opening at the base of the piece of metal. The smell was obnoxious, but not too different from a bar-b-que. I ran home and told my mom (I was about 9 at the time), and no one believed me.... :lol:

I'm sure I'll think of more stuff as the day progresses....

2. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 11 2006, 10:12 AM) [snapback]253428[/snapback]</div>

See cannibalism thread. Hard to beat someone meeting a stranger, having his penis cut off and eating it with him as a tasty treat, don't you think?

3. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 11 2006, 09:12 AM) [snapback]253428[/snapback]</div>
    Was it wintertime? Maybe they were thawing the ground so they could dig below the frost line.
    (On the subject, when my Grandma died in N. MN the funeral was in Feb. and the burial was in May as it's considerably cheaper to dig after the frost goes out, and it's cheap to keep the body frozen meanwhile.)

The wierdest thing I saw was this house after a tornado in SW MN (nobody was hurt, it was unoccupied thankfully). See top picture at: http://rob.neff.net/rob/weird.html

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Weirdest thing I've ever heard: That the world was created by an invisible guy who loves me but will torture me for all eternity if I do not believe in him.

5. mini2prius

mini2prius Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 11 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]253693[/snapback]</div>
    ROTFLMAO.

Weirdest thing I've ever seen - slugs mating in the garden.

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Here are some of the wierdest things Ive seen so far..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    yes thats alot of Rubber Bands :blink:

7. coloradospringsprius

Not exactly wierd, but surreal: I once saw a man, who was leaving a laundromat holding a big basket of laundry in front of him, slip on a banana peel. His feet flew out from under him. Laundry went flying everywhere. Just like a bad cartoon.

He wasn't hurt, and to his credit, even he thought it was funny once he realized what had happened.

mini2prius' story reminds me that I once saw porcupines mating in the Brooklyn Zoo. There is no rape in the porcupine world: The female has to keep her spines down.

In the late '60s and early '70s, I saw plenty of wierd things - just not sure how many of them were real...

8. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Story # 1
    Someone mentioned this to me "God intervened only one time to correct mankind by supplanting gay people to save the planet". When one thinks about it, perhaps he did...

Story # 2
    from Jyllands-Posten:
    [attachmentid=3399]

Story # 3
    A famous town in Austria 'smart' (48' 03"N 13' 51"E)
    Under the city name warning sign 'not so fast' how ironically...

[attachmentid=3400]

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The other day I was in a rush, took out the garbage put the recycle bin on the roof of my patrol van ran inside locked up the house and left as I was going to be late for work, made a right turn into a busy intersection and heard this sliding sound???

Then thought ohhhhh nooooo, then saw the recycle bin fly by the side mirror full of cans beer bottles and other misc plastics......

Had to stop turn on the lights and pick it all up everyone that saw it happen were LMAO I was sooooo embarassed..!

Damm Memory!

10. benighted

benighted New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 11 2006, 05:06 PM) [snapback]253802[/snapback]</div>
    LMAO Thats hillarious! Good story.

11. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Geez guys, the stories I have from the ER...the odd thing is that they become hard to remember as each one is supplanted by something even more suprising/odd/bizzare.

There was the guy I had to use 4 ft. long lock cutters on to get the brass 'cock ring' off from around his engorged scrotum and penis....it was the second time he'd done it....

I usually have someone paying for the beer when I tell the ER stories!

12. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ May 11 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]253825[/snapback]</div>
    LOL :lol:

was there an x-ray taken :lol: ?

that's a classic, I admit :)

13. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    no x-ray...

14. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 11 2006, 06:45 PM) [snapback]253790[/snapback]</div>
    A friend of mine made one of these in college. Is wasn't very comfortable. At the end of the semester it was donated to a homeless person for recycling.

15. jared2

jared2 New Member

China seeks good-looking sailors

[​IMG]

Are you tall, good-looking and polite? Uncle Xian wants you!

China's navy has increased its exchanges with foreign counterparts
    If you're ugly, short or rude, your career prospects in the Chinese navy don't look like plain sailing.
    Officials say anyone joining the service in 2006 must be good-looking, tall and polite.

Manners and looks matter because navy vessels often visit other countries and host reciprocal visits, a spokesman has told the official Xinhua news agency.

Candidates will also be tested on their professional knowledge and physical and psychological stamina, he says.

Minimum height requirements will be 1.7m for men and 1.65m for women. In recent years China has increased its participation in naval exercises with other countries.

In August 2005, China and Russia held large-scale exercises involving army, navy and air force troops.

The previous year, British and Chinese navies carried out their first joint maritime search and rescue exercises near the north-eastern port of Qingdau.

16. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 11 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]253802[/snapback]</div>
    I'm going to need you all to look right here for a second. . .
    [​IMG]

17. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

18. benighted

benighted New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(heliotropehead @ May 12 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]254249[/snapback]</div>
    I think the link is broken

19. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I had a friend that worked in an ER man the stories..... I remember one of this guy would had a 20oz plastic coke bottle err umm inserted some were to the cap they had to go and remove it.... :eek:

Or the woman that had a 12" something inserted in the same place as the guy but it was up there.. ouch ewww :blink: :huh:

the things people will do for a thrill....

This made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to pass out..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A gay couple was taken to the emergency room after a session of gerbilling.

"In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to retrieve the gerbil," Eric Tomaszewski told bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital. Tomaszewski, and his homosexual partner Andrew "Kiki" Farnum, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong.
    "I pushed a cardboard tube up his rectum and slipped Raggot, our gerbil, in," he explained. "As usual, Kiki shouted out 'Armageddon,' my cue that he'd had enough. I tried to retrieve Raggot but he wouldn't come out again, so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman described what happened next. "The match ignited a pocket of intestinal gas and a flame shot out the tube, igniting Mr. Tomaszewski's hair and severely burning his face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out like a cannonball."
    Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnum suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract.

20. benighted

benighted New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 12 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]254530[/snapback]</div>
    Wow! Thats crazy! You can't make that stuff up :lol: