1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's this sticker? And, can I remove it?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by UoD, Jul 18, 2011.

1. UoD

UoD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I searched and searched ... but, I couldn't find any other mention of this. Then again, I have no idea what I should even be searching for.

I just took delivery of my Prius a few days ago, and I noticed a rectangular sticker on the inside of the windshield when I got home. It is black (from the inside), and it is located in the top-left corner (when viewed from inside). It looks like it may be an RFID tag ... possibly something from the port to help track vehicles as they are coming in?

It wouldn't surprise me if it was something the dealer/port should have removed. They also forgot to install those little rubber covers that go into the holes under the vehicle (had to do that myself when I noticed them in the glovebox when I got home).

Picture attached. Can anyone confirm what this is, and whether it can be removed? I didn't find anything in the manual that mentioned it.

Attached Files:

2. revhigh

revhigh MPG Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looks like it's just letting you know that the vehicle is eligible for Toyotacare. Free service to 25K or two years.

It's in the computer at the service area of your dealer. I'm sure you can remove it if you want to ... there;s probably no numbers on it or anything important. Just reminding you that you have it. First time I've seen one.

REV

3. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Your statement above - is right-on. Seems as if it's only used in the SET Jacksonville Port, and the Dealer should remove it. Mine (delivered 2 years ago) was left on too. Peel it off and trash-toss.

4. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes it's an rfid. A lot easier than trying or having to look at the vin on the dash to see what car it is and where it's going.

5. revhigh

revhigh MPG Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ooops ... I was looking at the Toyotacare sticker ... didn't even see that one at first glance ... :D

REV

6. UoD

UoD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'll have to admin that I giggled a little when I was reading your post describing to me the meaning of the Toyota Care sticker ..... :) I'd be afraid to let someone have a drivers license if they couldn't figure out what that one was for.

So --- RFID it is, huh? I'll peel it off when I get home ... and I'll be sure to let you all know if SkyNet comes searching for me afterwards.