1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what's up with the calender?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mel1000, Sep 6, 2009.

1. mel1000

mel1000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is there any real reason to have the calender? I keep wondering if I am missing something. Does it do anything other than tell me what day and date it is?
    It seems like I should be syncing my other "real" calenders with it. Is anyone doing anything with this feature? anyone using the USB port with it?
    How I do not know-but someone out there might have a great idea....:D Thanks

2. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I haven't played with the calendar, but, according to the Navigation Owner's Manual, it is just a simple calendar. I don't have any idea what use it is, since you apparently cannot store events in the calendar.

I suppose you could look at the calendar to find out what the current date is. I usually look at my watch for that information.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure you can use the calendar to post memos.... I'll have to play around with it.

4. Taser

Taser New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did anyone make any progress with this? I just purchased my Prius this evening and besides the scary HAL 2000 like actions of the recognition of my contacts by name without any voice training, I have to say that I am slightly let-down if it is simply a basic Calendar.

Ideally, I would like to sync my iphone Calendar that is sync'd up with my Outlook on the Prius so I am on the same page. :)

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Two years ago I would've said it's pointless because you can just look at your phone, but that has changed with the hands-free law.

It should do way more than that in the future though, such as being able to enter a destination address on our phone and have it synced to the NAV once we get in the car.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't found any other uses other than a basic calendar. I thought you go add memos but I guess not.

7. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My previous car (Acura) let me add memos to the calendar. The Prius calendar has no functionality beyond telling you what day it is. You can enter a few reminders into the Maintenence section though. There are a few custom reminders that you an program to tell you anything you choose.

8. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I didn't even know there is a calendar.

9. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It would be great if would sink with the phone calendar which sinks with Microsoft Outlook.

10. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are now asking a bit too much from Toyota.