1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Whats your colors? inside and out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stanleyjohn, Jun 19, 2006.

1. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just curious what colors people got with their prius.Also! Was it their first choice?I really didnt have a first choice! I got Driftwood Pearl with Bisque interior.Would of liked a little darker interior!Worrying about keeping it clean.But still love my baby :)

2. davidf

davidf New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 19 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]273592[/snapback]</div>
    I got classic silver metallic with gray leather interior.

I didn't really "choose", as color wasn't a major concern of mine. By leaving the color(s) open, I got mine fairly quickly (2-1/2 weeks). Overall, though, the colors look great.

3. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I needed a car quickly (old car totalled) and at first thought a Prius wasn't even possible 'quickly'. But then I found it was possible and drove home a 2006 Super White package 5 8 days after I lost my old car, 6 days from my first visit to a showroom. It has the charcoal (dark gray) interior, which WAS my first choice.

I'd take anything from a package 3 up to a 6 (thought 7 and 8 were too pricey for things I didn't need or really want, but I upgraded my seats to all leather after-market). White wasn't my first choice - probably first choice would have been Barcelona Red or Seaside Pearl. Silver was a no-go for me (superstitious - I got wiped out by a silver car!) and I would reluctantly taken black, having burnt the back of my thighs in an all-black car that I owned in the 70's All the other colors were about equal. (Magnetic gray wasn't available until May; it may have been in my 'top 3' choices if it existed in April!)

4. kstorey

kstorey New Member

I got my first choice -silver with dark grey leather interior. My dealer had a list of incoming cars and this happened to be one of them so I put a deposit on it immediately. I waited about 3 weeks for it to arrive - picked it up 10 days ago. Love it!

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tideland Pearl with beige interior and it was my first choice since I actually ordered the car (different car-buying system up here apparently)

6. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have black with bisque fabric. I originally started looking for a white one, but this dealer had a black coming in soonest, so my son and I looked at pics on Toyota's website and we decided the black was WAY COOL, so to speak, so I decided that was the way to go. I mean, if an 18 year old male can say his mother's car is COOL, then it's gotta be good, um, BAD, right? The interior is bisque fabric, and I would have chosen the grey, had I chosen, but, hey, I got the car in less than five days from first deciding I wanted it, so how could that be bad? [​IMG] Oh, and I don't like leather seats--they are too hot for me.[​IMG]

7. OriginalGT

OriginalGT New Member

Mine is black with grey interior which is my second choice.

First choice was the magnetic grey exterior, but the black came along, and I didn't want to wait anymore.

8. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Silver outside and gray interior.

Not our first choice (1st was Seaside Pearl with gray interior), but it was actually available in 2004, while our first choice wasn't.

9. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Got my 2005 as ordered: Tideland Pearl with the Ivory interior. Would have liked a dark interior but the interior color choices were strictly dictated by the exterior color in 2005 except for White, Silver and Black where you got to pick. I even passed on a Silver one 2 months before I got mine (not sure of interior color, just didn't want Silver at all).

Now one month into an estimated 3 month wait for a 2006 Magnetic Gray with a dark gray cloth interior.

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've got Black with ivory interior.

I wanted Black with gray interior.

What I really want they don't offer. Dark blue with a gray interior. Maybe for the 2009 model.

11. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 19 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]273847[/snapback]</div>
    And that will go so well with a bright orange heavy duty extension cord for recharge, don't you thinK?

12. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got my first choice in 3 weeks. Seaside Pearl w/grey cloth interior. Second choice was Barcelona Red w/grey.

I'm very happy with the Seaside. It is a great color for hiding dirt.

13. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoVaSnow @ Jun 20 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback]274022[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly the same for me; Seaside w/grey. :)

Barcelona Red was also my second choice (any color but Silver! Too many silver cars on the road, IMHO), although my understanding was that it only came with the Bisque interior, which I was not fond of, and is one of the reasons I leaned toward the Seaside. I figured the grey would hide dirt a bit better, though even the grey is a bit lighter than I'd like. Ah well. ;)

- Kevin

14. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We had a test drive in a white Prius - can't remember the interior color. We were sold on the car almost immediately, but not the color. Then when we got back to the dealership, there was a Barcelona Red with bisque interior parked next to the door to the showroom, and we were both blown away.

That's what we ordered, and the dealer had one on the way, and 17 days later, we drove it home. :)

15. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The other cars I've owned were either blue, grey or silver. I thought of Driftwood, Tideland and Seaside. As I like blue I was happy to get a Seaside. The interior is ivory, but I've added dark blue floor mats and grey seatcovers.

16. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I originally leaned toward Seaside Pearl. But when my car came in I had never ever seen a Barcelona Red before. I was hesitant. I took a drive to see it and I WAS BLOWN AWAY. I said YES YES YES. So, I ended up with my Barcelona Red Beauty. Dark grey interior suits it very nicely as well, thank you. :) Waited 4 months for it......but the last 2 weeks of the wait was to take delivery in 2006 so I qualified for the tax credit.

Cheers

17. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

Magnetic Grey w/Grey Leather

1st choice - took 3 weeks (got lucky)

18. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Metallic Silver w/ gray fabric interior- due week of 7/2

19. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pre-cbs @ Jun 20 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]274102[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, you did get lucky. I've been waiting since the end of March for the same MG/Dark Gray and should be here within the next 3 weeks.

20. Xen

Xen New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 19 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]273592[/snapback]</div>
    Disclaimer: I'm new to the board (picked up my Prius this weekend).

I have a super white w/pkg 8, grey interior; initially I wanted a black one as I liked the ‘stealth’ look with tint, but as many have mentioned on the forum (and this post) black ones were hard to track down. My previous car (’02 WRX) was black, always swirly and dirty ;). My other car (’05 Magnum RT) is grey, so I didn’t want to repeat colors.

My main criteria was leather, and I’ve always liked certain cars in lighter colors such as white or silver (I initially wanted a silver WRX) *if* the trim/molding matches (mirrors/door handles/roof trim, etc), one thing the Prius does well. It was a toss up; wait for black (my last 40 min commute turned into 2 hours and my clutch leg had enough) or take another color, the choices were Red/White with Pkg8, Grey interior, White with Bisque or Magnetic Grey Pkg 7. After looking at the white I found it to be acceptable  it wasn’t offwhite but indeed SUPER WHITE. It’s a Stormtrooper instead of Darth Vader!