1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's your favorite Prius Color?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Zanrok, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Zanrok

Zanrok Casual Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey there,

I know there were similar threads, but most of them are older. That said I am trying to decide what color I should get when i do end up getting a Prius... Right now Silver is the top choice followed by the dark grey and finally that new "sea green" color.

Soo let's hear it, what are your favorite Prius colors? Do you regret getting a certain color? Do some colors get dirty faster than others?

=)

2. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well to diverge from your question slightly, I will say my least favorite color is Sandy Beach, but to each his own (or her own).

3. vday

vday Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I own the winter grey but love the pearl (or blizzard) white as well

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like BWP (Blizzard White Pearl) which is the color of my (company’s) G3. It's interesting that they would pick the only up optioned color, but that's their lookout.

This color hides scratches fairly well, and IMHO it looks good on the car. Color choices are highly subjective of course, but I would eschew black or even the dark grey. They look awesome when freshly washed, during your first week of ownership. After a little while they will show every little imperfection, and you really have to be into the washing-the-car thing to keep them looking good.
    Silver is a good color if you do not like to wash your car very often (to a lesser extent white is as well) however (comma!) I like visibility. Not mine, the other drivers... ;)
    Silver can be pretty hard to see in the rain and fog.

I like the reds and blues OK, and they're pretty visible, but not my thing.....at least not on a G3. Now the Barcelona Red on a 2012 Camaro, or a Corvette....THAT's a cool color/car match!
    On a G3.....not so much.

Like I said. It's all subjective.

Best of luck!!!

5. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I prefer Silver my last car was Silver and my wife's Tacoma is Silver. My Prius on the other hand is BWP it is a great color when I have it cleaned up. I do not like the Winter Grey Metallic. I wish they would rerelease Tideland Pearl and Silver Pine Mica for the Gen. III.

While we are on the topic of color does anyone know the color of the Prius Plug-in show in most advertisements and in photos here?

6. goodtimes

goodtimes my future is righteousness

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Blizzard Pearl gots my vote....

7. car78412

car78412 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have barcelona red and my wife has classic silver. A recent issue with the barcelona red was when I needed minor body damage repaired. It seems it is difficult to repair the paint without some orange peel showing. I had the repair shop do a re-do on the paint job and got better results but I think orange peel is more noticable on barcelona red.

8. dkelly

dkelly Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I never thought I wanted a white car but it turns out I made the right choice with Blizzard Pearl.

9. lovemypriustoo

lovemypriustoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Of course, I really like Blizzard Pearl White -- it is really a great looking color. Several prior cars/suv's were brilliant silver metallic which I liked but the BPW is awesome! And, it really hides the dirt very well and looks pretty clean between car washes ...

I think the Blue, Barcelona Red and Winter Grey colors are neat looking too.

Good luck with your color preference!

10. cmrj

cmrj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I went with Silver because it tends to not show dirt or dings and provides some contrast with the black window trim. Blizzard Pearl would be my second choice.

11. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I like the classic silver as well.It just suites the G2? Hal

12. dancergene

dancergene New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    red is my favorite color, so i am disappointed that the new plug ins prius does not offer it.

13. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wanted red first, blue second, got neither. Ended up with BP because it was the only thing on the lot at the time. I am really glad we got it though. It hides the swirls and dings well.
    Wife just got a Corolla in red and have to admit, it looks wonderful. But I know it probably won't for long.

14. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Dark colors are higher maintenance than lighter colors, since they show dirt, dust, finger prints, swirls, etc. more easily than light colors. And non-metallic colors are higher maintenance than metallic colors.

My Prius is classic silver, which looks great, and is very low maintenance. Dark colors like black look great right after being detailed, but that isn't long lasting.

I had a dark blue car ~10 years ago, and it drove me crazy. Since then I had several silver cars and 2 light gray cars. It's not as gratifying to detail a lighter color car, so it depends on your priorities. :D

15. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    over the years , i have had every color in prius' lineup (in other makes) except the blue. i would not get the red, because of the trauma i had with the only car i ever had with that color. (i had heard that that color was used to identify experimented models) whatever, magnetic grey i would not get because it shows the dirt easy like the black. i wish they had different colors like the plug ins clearwater blue met, or the sea glass pearl. the other color i like is one they used on the older cadilac eldorado, it was a sort of purple. i dont know why toyota offers two dark colors and two white colors?

16. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My favourite Prius colour is the old Salsa Red. Not that it matters now, because it's no longer available. At the time of purchase, I had a choice between silver and black, and chose silver. I quite like it, though it seems a fairly common colour for cars. If keeping your car looking clean - or at least from showing the dirt as much - is important to you, get the Prius colour that's closest to the colour of the dirt in your area. Unless it's black, which shows every tiny speck and imperfection.

17. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think Blizzard Pearl is the best color on the Gen III, but I didn't want two pearl white cars so I went with the second best color, black.

18. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Stay away from dark colors if you use air conditioning a lot.

19. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My preferences were:

1) Blizzard pearl (what I bought)
    2) Barcelona red (what I had on order)

I'm pleased with the BP and missed having a white vehicle, as the last one was traded in 2003. I was tired of silver, endured black (looked great for 10 minutes after detailing), currently have a blue-gray (flint mica) Lexus, and no longer care for gold/beige. Two colors I'd like to own someday are a bright red and green (dark green or a cypress pearl).

20. Ender3rd

Ender3rd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After our Forest Green Subaru Outback got clobbered by a "texting" young woman who was "in a hurry" and didn't see our car coming from the other direction as she executed a left turn right in front of us, we opted for the high visibility of the silver Prius. It's pretty hard to miss, even as it glides through the neighborhood silently...