1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's your Prius Personalized Settings?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 32kcolors, Aug 7, 2009.

?
  1. All doors unlocked in 1-step on wireless remote control

30 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. All doors unlocked upon touching driver’s door handle

44 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. 12 mph automatic door lock function (instead of shifting out of “P†locks all doors)

18 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Shifting into “P†unlocks all doors set to off

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Opening driver’s door unlocks all doors

18 vote(s)
    19.6%
  6. Time elapsed before headlights automatically turn off after doors are closed set to 0 second

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  7. Reverse warning buzzer beeps once when shifting into “Râ€

56 vote(s)
    60.9%
  8. Seat belt reminder buzzer set to off

24 vote(s)
    26.1%
  9. Others (specify in your post)

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. Don’t plan to change anything

13 vote(s)
    14.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What Prius Personalized Settings have you customized (either done by the dealer or performed on your own where permitted)? I've listed some of the most common options based on what I've read on this forum, but if you don't see your setting(s), state them in your post. Other customizable features can be found in the manual (6-2. Customization in the Gen III manual).

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    SKS - one touch opens all doors - programmed that myself.
    Had the dealer change:
    -reverse beep to one.
    -seat belt beeps to off
    -key fob - one push of unlock for all doors.

3. Racedrvr

Racedrvr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had the dealer turn the seatbelt warning buzzer off, and the reverse to a single beep only before it was delivered.

I haven't decided on the door lock set up yet.

4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In addition to seat belt buzzer off and reverse beeper to 1 beep I have ask to have both the park position and 12 MPH lock/unlock features disabled. According to the owner's manual (pg 589) I can change the lock/unlock option myself anyway. Has anyone tried this?

5. dbz

dbz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Great job, that's a nice list!

6. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I do not understand why someone would want to turn off the Seat Belt buzzer. Doesn't it only sound when someone is in the seat, and not wearing the seat belt?

Since I would not want to drive without one for the ticket, let alone the safety, I have a hard time imagining why you would not want you or your passenger to be reminded to wear it?

Can you please elaborate on this? It is not a personal attack, but I am simply curious? Do other car makers allow you to turn this off, without disabling the buzzer itself?

7. lamontcranston

lamontcranston Umbra Tenet

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I did give some thought to the other options, but I decided that the most important thing was that danged reverse beep. Maybe I'll change my mind on the other stuff.

8. DrJon

DrJon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a long driveway and I always have my seatbelt on by the time I reach the public road. My habit has always been to get in the car, start the car, then put on seatbelt (don't know why, just the way it is). I don't like to hear the car telling me to do something that I always do anyway. If I am moving the car out of the garage into the driveway to wash it, for example, I don't want to listen to the beeps! Besides, the annoying red light flashing on the display doesn't go away no matter what and this is plenty to remind me (not that I need it). I think it is just a personal thing with most. If you like beeps or your habit is to put your seatbelt on before you start your car then it probably won't bother you!

9. DrJon

DrJon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My wife's Subaru Outback does not allow for this to be turned off. My previous truck was so old that it didn't have this "new" technology. I think it depends on the manufacturer. Even in the Prius, you can't turn off the light which flashes the seatbelt warning sign so if you or your passenger aren't buckled, you'll still be greeted by your friendly warning dash!

I find it interesting that there is a warning for this but not for my kid in the back! Some might argue that cargo is more valuable, LOL, but sadly, they don't warrant a beep or a red light! So, in a way it is all kind of arbitrary, right. My car doesn't go anywhere without all people being buckled in regardless of beeps, lights, bells, whistles, complaints, etc.

10. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just had to put a short note in here to say that it's quite funny to back out of the garage (like to wash the car, etc.) without seatbelt on, and still have the reverse beeps. The beeps take turns, and are a different pitch...makes me chuckle every time I hear them.

11. lamontcranston

lamontcranston Umbra Tenet

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Or, that could be my personal idea of hell. Wait, throw in some gangsta rap or other "boom-boom" music and you have my personal idea of hell.

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You mention the doors unlock when you shift into P. Isn't that the default mode? The one you list below (driver's door unlock) is the alternate option.

Anyway, I'm getting the reverse beep changed. The other default settings are exactly the way I like it. (Shifter-linked door activation and headights stay on for 30 secs after locking the vehicle).

13. texas112

texas112 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    First, I don't need a beeper to tell me to buckle myself for a drive and I don't want to hear it for the 10 foot trips :)

Second, the sensors in the passenger seat thinks my laptop bag is a passenger and wants it buckled up, no thanks :)

(But, in the time between getting the car and then getting the settings changed, I got used to putting the laptop in the cargo area anyway)

14. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I like the seatbelt warning. Avoids me of having to tell my passenger to buckle up.

15. argelius

argelius New Member

Can anyone point me to a summary of all the customization settings that are available?

16. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Am I the only one who likes the reverse beeping????

17. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No, you are not the only one.

My 2004 Prius had this warning and I not only got used to it, I am comforted by the beep letting me know that I actually have the car in reverse.

I like audible cues. For example, I am disappointed that the turn signal clicker is so low that I can't hear it most of the time. The flashing light on the dash doesn't always remind me to turn the turn signal off. I also like the seat belt warning for the passenger seat - it forces my wife to buckle up before I start driving and to keep her seat belt on until I park.

18. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When I bring the car in for its first service I intend to have the headlight timeout set to 0 seconds. I don't like the lights staying on for 30 seconds since when I leave the car I always turn around and check that they actually go off. I would prefer them to go off immediately.

19. Jim Clark

Jim Clark Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The only one we changed so far was the reverse beep to one.

20. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Section 6-2 in the manual (page 587).