1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel center cap disappearance problem?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rogerSC, Jul 22, 2007.

1. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

One of the center caps from one of the wheels on my Prius has fallen out, been removed, is gone. Has this happened to other people? I'm wondering if people are taking them, since it doesn't really look like it would just fall out of it's own accord (no accidents, I don't hit the curb when parking, etc.).

At any rate, I need to get a replacement, and I'm curious what it will cost as well as whether this has been happening to more people than just me. I'll be calling the dealer on Monday to see if I can order one of these.

Thanks.

-Roger

2. fortheanimals

fortheanimals Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    don't know of theft problems but the hubs are quite easily removable... i DO hit my tire while parking sometimes.. just slightly.. and i end up having to kick the hub back into place sometimes.

and please post back here after speaking to your dealer about the cost of replacement.

i would REALLY appreciate that! thanks.

3. fairclge

fairclge Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There is a small diameter wire “C†shaped that keeps tension on the cap from the inside of the rim. I notice even with it installed correctly the center cover was easy to knock out of the rim. I don’t know if you can re-install correctly without removing the tire to get to the back side of the rim. I had the tires off to install the mud flaps, so that’s how I found out about this problem. :blink: