1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel Covers on 15" Rims

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by GoMetricToday, Aug 2, 2011.

1. GoMetricToday

GoMetricToday 42 is the answer to the ultimate question.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For the life of me, I can't understand why Toyota put such ugly Wheel Covers on the 15" Rims. The Rims are sporty and look really good with out the Wheel Covers. I took mine off yesterday and was pleasantly pleased with what I saw. I went to Parts.com and ordered some Toyota Centre Caps and will install them when they arrive. I will post pictures when I get the mod done.

Really what was the purpose in hiding such nice Rims? :eek:

2. prius3rider

prius3rider New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I share the opinion you do about the 15" wheel covers for gen IIIs, but the two prong fork wheel look is even worse.
    [​IMG]

3. batya11

batya11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I totally get it! I accidentally drove over a puddle covered pot hole and lost a wheel cover. Didn't notice it till the day after when I thought I lost a wheel cap. I was thinking of removing the other wheel covers and didn't think I could just get wheel caps. I'm going to do the same. :cheer2:

4. GoMetricToday

GoMetricToday 42 is the answer to the ultimate question.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here is a link to another forum on the same subject.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...ons/80169-alloy-wheel-options-15-wheel-2.html

It shows 2 versions that will fit our Prii. I ordered the more textured ones with the raised Toyota emblem. They aren't as chromed either. I ordered Part #4260352110 from Parts.com. Just select Toyota as the manufacture catalogue and plug in that number in the Parts Number search section on the left side of the screen.